My Mr. Romantic.

"So, Harry proposed and you said no?" Kate asks for the tenth time.
"Yeah," I say. "I'm going to hang up if you ask me the same question again."
"Sorry, I'm just so surprised. Which idiot would refuse a proposal from Harry Styles? Oh, you." Sarcasm is dripping from Kate's tone. I roll my eyes, and stab the steel fork in my plate that's filled high with pancakes.
"Kate, please don't. I don't need you criticizing me right now, I need support. Don't you think I feel bad? God, I feel guilty." I groan, and an old lady glares at me as she walks past my table toward the exit of the breakfast hall. I must seriously look like a mess. Today morning I woke up at 7:30, lay in bed until eight and then finally got up and came downstairs to have breakfast. When I exited our room, I found Harry lying on the couch in the lounge, an empty bottle of water nesting on his chest. He didn't seem mad at me last night, but I'm sure he is. After all, I refused his proposal. Who wouldn't be mad at someone who refuses their proposal? With a clutter of thoughts, I made my way downstairs, in my pajama clad body. Now, everyone I pass by tries to stare at me subtly, but I can tell that they're looking. Maybe they're thinking why is Harry with her? Maybe they're just thinking what's this poor girl, who doesn't seem to fit into our society, doing in such a posh hotel? Either way, I don't care. No, I do care, but not a lot.
"Mus, chill out." Kate says, interrupting my train of thoughts. "Don't feel pressured to do anything. You didn't want to say yes and you didn't. There's no harm in that. Look, I'm just kidding when I say that you should've said yes. The whole decision is up to you. We all know how you feel about marriage, engagements and...the rest of the things serious couples do."
"Good morning." I jump up in my seat, startled. Harry places his hands on my shoulders from behind, and squeezes.
"Someone's jumpy." Harry says, bending down to kiss me. I move my face away from his and shake my head.
"Haven't brushed," I mumble. Yesterday the situation didn't feel so awkward and foreign. But today it does. It might be due to the fact that I'm overthinking and reading too much into this situation.
"I don't care." Harry wraps his lips around mine, and mine - being the traitors that they are - unfold and attack his. After a few seconds, a few hoots get passed around. I pull back, moistening my lips. Harry shakes his head, smiling. "One day you'll stop caring about the world and I'll make sure that day comes soon." I smile back, but don't say anything. "Bump, I'll just get myself some breakfast and join you."
"Okay," I say. Suddenly, I realize that my phone is lying in my lap and buzzing. Kate, persistent as ever, has been calling since it got disconnected. When it got disconnected is a mystery to me. Hastily I type her a message, and switch off my phone. I'm scared of this conversation, but I need to have it. Yesterday, I couldn't talk about this matter with Harry properly, as we were surrounded by the boys and then the award function. But today, right now, I can and I will. My eyes follow Harry, as he makes his way down the buffet table and fills his plate with an assortment of food. Even while doing so, there's a small smile playing on his lips, as if he's thinking about something funny and amusing. Harry, being the clumsy person that he is, drops the tongs that allow him and several other guests to take out pancakes from the wicker basket. They land on the wooden floor with a loud clatter, raising everyone's head toward him. A short laugh escapes my lips.
"Sorry," Harry says to no one in particular. Immediately, waiters and waitresses - much more than are needed - are at his assistance. Once he's taken a full round of the buffet table, Harry comes back toward the table where I'm seated and takes the place in front of me.
"Even here, Styles, you can't resist being the center of attention." I say, stifling a giggle. Harry looks around and smiles.
"I swear someone had touched those tongs with greasy hands, it just slipped." Harry defends himself, laying the white napkin on his lap.
"Excuses, excuses," I murmur.
"Why'd you leave without me, Bump? We could've come down together." Harry takes a big bite of the waffles that are lying on his plate. I shrug my shoulders, diverting my gaze toward my plate.
"I wanted some time alone, Harry." I take another bite of my pancakes. "I'm not used to being around so many people and having to stay in a group. Kate, Gregg and I are very independent, you can say. Even when we're together, we'll buy food from separate restaurants and meet up at one spot after."
"Yeah, I understand, Bump." Harry's hand snakes its way across the table, toward mine. He entwines our fingers. "I know you as well as I know myself. And I can tell that you're beating yourself over the fact that you said no. How many times do I have to tell you, Bump that it's okay?" I start chewing on the inside of my cheek.
"Harry, I feel guilty. It feels as if I've wronged you," I admit. Harry scoffs.
"Well, you haven't. Look, the proposal was just to show you how I feel. How much I love you. Now you know how I feel and you can say yes whenever. Be it tomorrow, or three years later." My eyes widen.
"Three years?!" I practically scream. "How do you know we'll last that long?" I raise my eyes to meet Harry's, when he doesn't respond for a few seconds. He's staring at me, his lower lip jutting out.
"How much faith do you have in me?" Harry asks seriously.
"A lot," I say with conviction and without skipping a beat. It's the truth. I trust Harry with my whole being.
"How much faith do you have in our relationship?" I sigh, and stare back into Harry's green orbs. He knows the answer as well as I do.
"You know how I feel about relationships-"
"Not just any relationship. I'm not talking about relationships in general. I'm talking about our relationship, you and I." Harry waves his free hand between our bodies. God, I wish I had an answer, but I don't. "You love literature, don't you?" I nod my head. "Well then I'm sure your language is great, too. I know it is. So I also know that you know the difference between our relationship and relationships in general. We're not some couple off the streets, who are hormonal and hasty. We're real and stable. As bad as this may sound, I am a man who has a lot of physical needs and if some girl cannot fulfill them my interest in her decreases. The fact is, it's different with you. Yes, I feel a physical attraction, but not the kind I felt with others. I mean that in a good way." Harry adds hastily, probably noticing my horrific expression. "Look, I'm not great with words, but let me try once more. You make me want to talk to you, share my secrets and adventures with you. Bump, you don't only make me want to have sex. We're much more than physical, we connect on an emotional level. You're the kind of girl that I can hold a conversation with, without wanting to end it." Okay, I think I understand what Harry's trying to say. "Bumper, all I'm trying to say is that we're more than just a couple whose spark will wear off over time. We're permanent, as far as I can see." I smile.
"Yes, Mr. Psychic." Harry chuckles. "Harry, honestly, I don't know. You know that I can make you no promises for the future, and if you're okay with living like this, not knowing what'll happen with us next, then we can carry on. Otherwise, we rather part ways now than later." Harry lifts our entwined hand and kisses the back of my hand.
"I'm fine with not knowing what'll happen next, as long as I'm with you."
"Corny," I swat Harry's shoulder.
"Corny, but romantic." My Mr. Romantic.