The Path Of Love's Never Easy

"Why do we have to carry your shopping bags?" Liam whines, as he stumbles once again due to the heavy bags in his hands. He looks at Harry for support. However, Hazza, just shrugs his shoulders and carries two of my bags without complain. I, on the other hand, totally agree with Liam.
"Yeah, why do you guys have to?" I question, placing my hands on my hips and stopping in front of Harry. He halts and raises an eyebrow, silently challenging me to restart this argument. Which, being the argumentative person that I am, happily do. "Our shopping, so our burden."
"In your bag, I, too, have a shirt." Harry shoots back, grinning smugly.
"One shirt! That's all," I huff. "And I have like six of them in there. Please, give me my bags." I practically beg. Right at this moment, Kate strides out of Zara and holds out yet another bag for Liam. He groans, but takes it.
"Why can't you be more like Kate?" Harry questions and then frowns when he realizes what he just said. "No! I take that back. Why can't you just let me carry the bags, like Kate allows Liam?"
"Because you're my boyfriend, not my slave!" I exclaim. Liam turns to face Kate, and straightens up his face.
"I'm your boyfriend, not your slave. Carry these bags." Liam says, and holds out all of her bags.
"But you're doing this out of love." Kate says, pouting. Liam laughs and leans forward to peck her lips.
"Only for you, love." Liam murmurs, smiling to himself contentedly. I laugh. They really are perfect for each other. When my eyes land back on Harry, he's smiling too cheekily.
"I love you," Harry tells me. I roll my eyes and groan.
"I hate you," I throw back. Harry's jaw drops open and he puts an expression of utter hurt on his face.
"Liam, this is the problem with Bump, she isn't like other girls. Girls, like Kate, get happy when you do things for them, pamper them. My girl, on the other hand, starts to hate me." Harry huffs, and throws his head back. Liam laughs.
"I think that's one of the many reasons you love her." Harry scrunches up his face.
"Really?" He shakes his head. "Lord, I'm messed up." Suddenly, my phone rings in my hand. Carter's name flashes across the screen. When I raise my eyes to Harry, to be excused, I find his eyes glued to my phone's screen. He has read the name as well and doesn't look happy at all. I purse my lips, raise my index finger and move away from my friends.
"Hello," I accept the call.
"How're you, babe?" Carter's over enthusiastic voice fills my ear. I cringe at his tone and a shiver runs down my spine at his casual use of the word, 'babe.'
"Good. You?" I ask, my eyes flitting over to Harry. He's glaring at me - his anger isn't directed towards me, though - it's directed towards the person I'm talking to.
"Doing great, as always!" All of a sudden, Carter's voice seems to have lost that warmth that I loved so much before. And I mean that metaphorically, because for me, he's my doom. He's the chains that are binding me. "New Year's coming up in a bit. Are you sure you don't want to spend that night with me?" There's so much hope in Carter's voice that suddenly, I become the guilty one. But I am, aren't I? He's not the one cheating on me, no that's what I'm doing. I'm the bad guy, I suddenly realize. Not only am I playing around with Carter's emotions, but with Harry's, too. Before I can dwell on this topic much further, a strong hand removes the phone from my ear.
"No offense, Carter, but Bump is on vacation with me - and her friends. And we would highly appreciate it, if you could refrain from disturbing our short vacation." Harry says to Carter, over the phone, his tone stern and clipped. Harry then disconnects the call and gazes at me with concern.
"Thank you," I murmur.
"You needed help," Harry replies simply. He hands me my phone and grasps my free hand in his. Together, we head towards Adidas, where Liam is trying on some shoes. Harry and Liam's bodyguards flank the entrance of the shop. They both smile at me, as we enter. I like the boys' security team; they're all real sweet.
"Your girlfriends are killing me with their shopping." Louis complains, rejoining our little party, as we exit Adidas. It's true though, we have been shopping a lot. Especially Kate. And for people who don't enjoy shopping, like Louis, Harry and Liam, today can get quite boring. The only difference between our guys and Louis, is that they don't complain.
"One last shop." Kate says, her eyes scanning the shops for Sephora. "And then we'll have lunch." Harry entwines our hands, and gives mine a light squeeze. My mood has relatively dropped since Carter's call and Hazza can tell.
"Bump," Harry murmurs. I look into his dazzling green orbs, questioningly. "Don't let him ruin our trip." There's an underlying statement in Harry's tone and that is, we might not get another holiday together. That's why we should make the best of this one. Finally, Kate manages to find Sephora. As she drags Liam inside, Harry spots the bathrooms and excuses himself. This leaves me and Louis, as Niall is in Ralph Lauren. When I turn my head to make small talk with Louis, I find him glaring at me.
"What?" I question, placing my hands on my hips. He shrugs his shoulders, but continues to stare. I raise an eyebrow. "You do understand how uncomfortable you're making me, right?"
"Oh, goal accomplished!" Louis exclaims, sarcastically. I roll my eyes, and scoff.
"Seriously, what is it with you and hating me? I'd really like to know the reason," I demand.
"Harry." Louis answers simply. I frown and stare at him, waiting for him to elaborate. "I'm just trying to watch his back."
"By doing what, hating me? Doesn't seem very effective." This time Louis scoffs, and flicks his wrist, as if to dismiss me.
"You can't see it!" Louis practically yells, making the boys' guards turn their heads toward us. When they realize we're at it again, they just look away, nonchalantly. "He's in this too deep! And I'm scared that he'll go over the edge once and for all and not return. You, on the other hand, don't seem to feel the same. That love and passion - I'm sorry, but I just don't see it in you." I purse my lips and cross my arms across my chest.
"There's no point in me defending myself because you don't believe me anyway." If I argue with Louis regarding this subject, it'll be like barking up a wall and I have no energy to do so, whatsoever.
"I'm back!" Harry exclaims, wrapping his arms around my waist from the back. He kisses the back of my head. Thank God, I mentally take a sigh of relief. Louis stares at the way Harry's arms are twined around my waist, and I can tell he's showering me with curses in his head. I'm just waiting for the day that I can prove Louis wrong. However, I, too, know that day won't be coming any time soon. If anything, Louis will be proven right and I wrong. Because he's right, in a way. I do love Harry, a lot. However, I cannot give him the happiness that he deserves, or the life that he should have. I mean, for me marriage and kids is not in the deal. For Harry, on the other hand, it is. The only thing is, he doesn't say this to me. I wish, like me, he'd voice his opinions and thoughts. Maybe then he will realize just how different we are, and that we can't and shouldn't be together.
"Harry, photographer twelve o clock." Louis says, his eyes landing on something behind Harry. Immediately, Harry unwraps his arms from around my waist and creates a certain distance between our bodies. God, when will we be able to behave like a normal couple? Without caring about the paparazzi taking a picture, posting it online and then the world seeing it. I don't care much about the world, but I do care about two people who might see it: Carter and the blackmailer.