They Became Family Somehow

"The dress has arrived." One of my cousin announces, as she squeals and runs down the stairs excitedly. I roll my eyes, and chuckle. Looks like others are more excited about this whole ordeal than I am.
"Aren't you going down to see it?" I look up toward Carter's room to find him leaning against the door frame, hands in his pockets, as he looks at me with raised eyebrows.
"They'll bring it up anyway, I'll see it then." I answer, smiling at him. Somehow after the whole incident, we just fell back into the flow of things. He didn't address the issue, and I just ignored it.
"Why do I get the feeling that your heart isn't really in this whole thing?" Carter questions, striding over toward me and wrapping his arms around my body.
"Because I don't like any of this; not really a party person, remember?" Carter laughs and kisses the top of my head.
"You'll learn to love all this. After all, after our wedding, we'll have loads of celebrations." I internally groan, but keep a fake smile plastered on my face. Harry comes running up the stairs, fortunately interrupting us. I look at him and smile.
"Hey, there!" I greet Harry. "Haven't seen you since lunch yesterday."
"That's cause I was planning a surprise for you." Harry says, coming over and giving me a brief hug.
"What surprise?" I question, raising my eyebrows.
"This!" Harry turns around and waves toward the stairs. Bounding up the stairs, come Louis, Liam and Niall. The latter two are grinning like the idiots that they are. However, the former looks bored as always.
"Hey, Mus!" Liam yells, opening his arms. I step into his warm, bear-like embrace.
"Did Kate know you were coming?" I ask, as I step back and hug Niall.
"No, only Hazza and for once, he actually managed to keep his lips sealed." I chuckle, and punch Liam's upper arm lightly.
"You've gotta give him some credit," I defend Harry.
"Thank you!" Harry says, laughing. God, I can already feel the house buzzing with the boys energy. It's lovely to see them all here.
"This is a great surprise, Harry. Thank you," I say earnestly.
"No problem," Harry flicks his wrist to dismiss my apology. "It was the boys who wanted to come, so I just arranged everything."
"I never wanted to, just to clarify things. I was dragged," Louis says.
"Whatever, you still came." Niall says, rolling his eyes. A loud squeal comes from behind me and I already know who it belongs to, without turning around; Kate. She runs past me and Harry and straight into Liam's open arms. They both cling to each other like apes.
"I think she's the happiest." Harry whispers in my ear. Kate releases her death grip from around Liam's neck, and attacks his mouth with hers. He grabs onto her waist, as they lose themselves into each other; making the rest of us want to throw up our breakfast.
"Guys, there are uncles and aunties over here!" Harry announces. "Please get a room."
"Where are they all staying?" I ask Harry, turning to face him.
"Here. I've sorted everything out with your dad." He grins, proud of his own endeavors.
"You give some of the best surprises."
"Some? Come on, Mus, we all know that all of my surprises are awesome."
"Point noted," I say.
"Uh, I don't mean to sound rude and disturb your little reunion, but who are they?" Carter says, stepping between Harry and I. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me toward him protectively. God, he's so ignorant.
"Louis, Liam and Niall. Also known as, One Direction!" I announce, practically jumping on the balls of my feet. I didn't know I'd ever be so excited to see them. But now I truly realize that somewhere along these months, I found a family with these boys. Well, two of them at least. The third one...is the sour grape. But he's part of our family too. Niall gives Carter an awkward wave and Louis just glares at him. So it's not only me who receives Louis' cold shoulder treatment; I feel much better.
"Let me show you all to your rooms, because I think this show is getting quite out of hand." Harry says, nodding his chin toward Liam and Kate, who are wrapped around each other like vines. "Now naturally I assumed that Liam would want to stay with Kate, am I right?" Liam hastily nods his head, without breaking lip contact. "Okay, good. Kate you can show Liam to your room. Niall, and Louis, follow me." Harry marches down the hallway, toward where most of the guest bedrooms are located. But instead of going further down, he just halts in front of his room. "Niall, Louis, you're staying right beside Mus' and my room. Just choose whichever room you want from those two." He points toward one door that's beside his and the other that's beside mine. They both nod and enter both rooms in turn, figuring out which one they want.
"I'll take the one next to Harry's." Louis says, hauling his suitcase into that room. Niall just shrugs his shoulders and smiles.
"I'll take the one next to my bestie." Niall says, giving me a side hug and then entering his room, with his four-wheel suitcase being dragged behind him.
"That's settled then," Harry says. He looks like a very busy event planner right now, who's checking in all of the wedding guests.
"Guys, want to help me unpack?!" Niall yells from inside his room. Harry offers me his hand, and we both make our way into Niall's room. Carter's following close behind us, but when he reaches the threshold of the room, Harry slams the door shut on his face and locks it. I don't really mind. Right now, I just want to spend some time with my friends. No fiances and no future hubbies.