Interesting

Harry's POV
"Are you sure you want to go?" Carter asks Mus, cupping her face with his filthy hands. "I mean, you can change your mind, even now and just stay." Bumper shakes her head, places her hands over his and takes them off her cheeks.
"I want to go," Mus says. "See you soon," she mumbles. Carter glances over at me, and then wraps his arms around Mus' shoulder, kissing her head. I roll my eyes, and grip the handle of the suitcase, even tighter.
"Be careful, it might break." Liam whispers in my ear, nodding his hands at my death grip on the handle. I loosen my hold just a bit, and glare back at Carter.
"We really need to go." I say, clearing my throat. Mus grabs this chance and makes her way outside, hastily.
"Nice meeting you," Carter says to me.
"Yeah, sure." I murmur, scoffing. But then I look up at him, and smile - the sweetest, most fake smile that I've ever put on. "Hope to see you again, sometime." I take a step forward and hold out my hand for Carter to shake; he obliges. It's a brief, cold shake, but I don't care.
"Let's go, guys!" Niall yells from outside.
"That's my cue." I tell Carter, mentally thanking Niall for calling out to us. I grab the suitcase, and wheel it outside, alongside me. Kate, Mus and Louis are already piled into the car. Niall, Liam and I squeeze in as well, with Niall in the front. Kate occupies Liam's lap and Mus climbs onto mine, so we can all fit. Oh, the pleasures of not having a Jeep, or Range Rover. Carter's standing at the porch, glaring at us all, and I'm immensely enjoying myself.
"Say goodbye to Dubai, Mus. You're gonna miss it for a while now," I say.
"Oh, trust me, this land will not be missed. At least not by me. What about you boys?" Mus questions, glancing at Niall and Liam. They both shrug, and Kate answers for them.
"Not at all!" She exclaims, pursing her lips. There's still some tension between the two girls. However, it's not the deadly tension, it's a weird mix of anger and friendship.
"Mus, how long do you want to stay with us?" I ask, lowering my voice slightly. Kate and Liam have engaged in their own conversation, Louis' headphones are plugged in and Niall's on his phone.
"Don't know, for a while, I guess." Mus says, and shrugs nonchalantly. "Or however long you'll keep me." We both chuckle and I begin to play with her engagement ring. "Harry, can I request something from you?"
"Sure, go ahead." I want to yank the diamonds from the ring and throw them out of the window, so that a car can drive over them. It's sad, though that they'd remain unharmed.
"Please start using my nicknames again." I look up, startled at her words. A grin starts to creep up my lips.
"Are you saying you'd like to be called by my and I quote, 'horrid nicknames?'" Mus nods her head, biting the side of her lower lip. "Okay, then. This is a request that I can definitely grant you." Suddenly, I realize that unknowingly, I've been trailing my fingers up and down Mus' thigh. She doesn't even seem to notice, or feel uncomfortable. So I don't point it out and continue doing what I love doing. "When're you going to take this off?" I nod my chin toward her ring.
"When we reach New York. I'm too scared to take it off now, in case I lose it." Mus gazes at it with a cold stare. "To be honest though, this engagement has saved our asses. Liam told me about the blackmailer and how you have managed to fool him."
"Fool him?" I scoff, and gaze out of the window. "I just told Liam to release the truth. I mean, you are engaged to another man, right?"
"True," Mus murmurs. "Well, at least he sent that text to Anne, saying not to worry about him anymore because he knows you and I are just friends. We're good now."
"At the cost of your happiness, yeah, we are." I sigh, and rest my head on my hand, which is balanced on the thin windowsill. "I hate it, you know. This whole situation frustrates me and all I feel when I lay eyes on Carter and Harrison, is hate and anger." Mus opens her mouth, but I raise my hand and she shuts it. "I know you're their supporter, and I'm not going to condemn you for that. However, we both know what they're doing - especially, your dad - is wrong. He's playing with two young adult's lives and people's lives aren't to be played with." All of a sudden, I can feel my anger getting fueled. "I'd do anything to show you that they're wrong and you're digging a deep hole for yourself; one that'll be hard to get out off."
"Time will tell. I'll just go where the wind carries me, and solve my problems as they hit me in the face."
"That's just it, I'm scared that you'll get smacked down while solving one of these never ending problems." Mus clenches her jaw. Oh, she's smart and she knows exactly what I'm talking about. However, she's made a commitment and as far as I know my girl, she'll stick to it.
"Have you ever been to Times Square before on New Year's eve?" I ask, changing the subject after a while. Mus shakes her head, a small smile flitting across her lips.
"No, but I'm super excited to be going there this year. Of course I've been to NYC, but never during Christmas, or New Year's. Thanks, Harry, for taking me." Mus says, earnestly.
"Thanks for coming along. I mean, I know at times we aren't the best company, but still." I shrug my shoulders and wink at her.
"Well I, Mr. Styles, do enjoy your company immensely." Suddenly, the car comes to a screeching and sudden halt. Hastily, I wrap my arm around Mus' waist and hold on tightly. She moves forward slightly, but my hold on her doesn't allow her to go any further.
"Thanks," Mus mumbles. She's eyeing my arm around her waist, while I'm just watching her reaction to this move of mine. It wasn't really a move, actually; just a worried lover, caring for his girl. However, she doesn't say anything. Instead, a satisfied smile lights up Mus' face. Oh, this'll be an interesting New Year's.