Shopping With A New Friend

"Yes, he's with me, Haz." I say through the phone. "This guy is my shadow. No kidding!"
"That's the whole point of a bodyguard," Harry says, sounding slightly relieved.
"I hate this arrangement." I throw my head back, groaning. There he is; my bodyguard, staring at me with a blank expression. I lift my head back up and make a face. "He doesn't talk, doesn't smile, he just stares. That's it!"
"Thank God, he doesn't do either of those things. Staring is okay with me, but if you and him start becoming friendly...well, we're getting a new bodyguard for you." I roll my eyes. My bodyguard - Xavi - is probably in his early twenties, which is quite surprising, considering all of the achievements that he has. Yesterday evening, a manila envelope with all of his details was sent up to our room. Harry got pissed seeing his picture and reading his age, but his jealousy has no limit. I thought we'd be friends, but we're not. He just stares, expressionlessly. It's scary sometimes. Kate sent me some online vouchers that are expiring next week, so yesterday I printed them out and now I'm here - at the mall - to see if the stores have anything worth cashing the vouchers in.
"Harry, I'm going to say bye now because we've been talking for over an hour and I feel like I'm a horrid distraction for you." I say, checking the time on my watch.
"No, you'll never be a distraction. Please don't go," Harry whines.
"Bye," I hang up before he can get another word in. "Are you hungry?" I turn around and ask Xavi. He shakes his head. "Well, I am and I always like some company while eating." I turn in the direction of the food court and I can feel Xavi close behind my heels. "What cuisine do you prefer?" I fall in stride beside Xavi and he shrugs. "You have a tongue, right?" He nods his head. "Then please speak because I honestly feel like I'm talking to a wall." Xavi pouts, the first expression that I've seen on his face since we met.
"Whatever you want," Xavi says. He has a mature voice, making him sound much older than twenty. I stop in my tracks.
"Tell me what's your favorite cuisine, otherwise you and I will keep standing here." I say, placing my hands on my hips. He bits his lip and I think he's suppressing a smile.
"I like Chinese," Xavi answers.
"Chinese, it is!" I announce, my walk taking on a purpose. "If you spot a Chinese restaurant, tell me."
"Okay." Finally, Xavi and I spot a Chinese restaurant at the end of the long line of restaurants. Once we're seated and have ordered, I look at Xavi questioningly.
"Tell me something about yourself," I say.
"I'm a bodyguard and have been for two years now," Xavi begins. "I lived in Korea for ten years and then came to the States."
"Korea," I sigh. "I want to go there one day. How come you're such a young bodyguard?"
"My father was a policeman, so from a young age I began training." I nod my head, understanding. "It's been my dream to save someone's life or even protect them. I'm very serious about my job and this - " He waves his hands between our bodies. "Is very unprofessional." I shrug my shoulders.
"There's no rule book saying it is. You need to breathe and take a chill pill." Xavi lets out a laugh, surprising me. I smile just seeing his shoulders shake.
"I like you, ma'am." I pout and shake my head.
"No ma'am-ing me," I say. "Mus, nice and short." The waitress comes over to our table with our food, and places our respective dishes in front of us. "Do you watch Korean dramas?" Xavi nods his head enthusiastically.
"K-dramas are the best! I mean, Hollywood dramas can never be compared to K-dramas," Xavi gushes.
"Me too! I have the exact same thoughts on that subject," I agree. Finally, I've found a person as crazy as me. "I learnt the wrong language. You see, Xavi, my destiny was to learn Korean, but I learnt English instead. Sucks, I know." He laughs.
"Agreed. But I know a little Korean, very little. So what's your favorite K-drama?" That's how our afternoon is spent; talking about Korean dramas and their respective characters. Xavi and I visit a few more shops and he's actually a great shopping buddy.
"I think I've made a new friend." I tell Xavi, at the end of the day. He nods his head, smiling.
"Me too."
*******
Laughing at my crappy joke, Xavi and I enter the hotel suite. Harry is pacing across the lounge impatiently, waiting for me. The moment he hears the door open, Harry's head jerks toward us and he strides toward me, embracing me.
"I've been so damn worried," Harry says.
"Haz, I kept messaging you every hour, like you asked." I say, taking the bags from Xavi. "Thank you." I turn to Xavi. "You've been a great help and I can't wait to go shopping with you again." I wink at him, and he gives me a small wave, before exiting the suite; leaving Harry and I in silence.
"What was that all about?" Harry asks, taking the bags from my hands.
"Xavi and I are friends now. He's a much better person, once he begins to speak." I say, making my way toward the kitchen. "Why is it so quiet?"
"Because Liam and Louis are out for dinner and Niall is out for a golf tournament. It's just you and me," Harry's tone drops toward the end, and I feel goosebumps rise on my skin. Biting my lip, I open the fridge door and take out the milk carton.
"What're we having for dinner?" I ask, trying to change the subject.
"Whatever you want...me, included." Harry whispers in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist. Pouting, I turn around to be met with Harry's lips.
"What the..." I murmur against Haz's lips, as he pulls me closer.
"I'm just waiting for the day when you're fully mine," Harry whispers.
"Well, keep waiting because it's not today." I push him back, laughing.
"M, you always do this to me." Harry groans, throwing his head back.
"And you love me for it," I wink at him. Suddenly, the front door opens, interrupting us. Harry and my heads turn in the direction of the door, as Louis and Liam enter. The temperature in the room seems to have dropped, and I can sense the tension between Louis and Harry, already. Liam's face mirrors my feelings; he looks pale, and I can tell he's thinking of ways to get Louis, or Harry out of the room, before they tear each other apart.
"Louis, I think I've forgotten my phone in the car, let's go and get it." Liam says, tugging on Louis' arm. Louis' jaw clenches, as he glares at Harry.
"I'm tired," Louis says. "You'll find me in my room." He pulls his arm out of Liam's grasp and heads toward his room.
"Fuck," Liam hisses. Louis' room door slams shut, making me jump.
"I'll be in my room," Harry says. He, too, makes his way toward his room and slams the door shut. Liam and I are left in awkward silence, as we take in what just happened.
"Mus, you're the only one who can talk to Harry about this matter. So please do so," Liam says. "I've never seen them fight in this manner and it's honestly disturbing."
"I've tried, Liam. Trust me, I have." I say sincerely. "However, Harry's a stubborn man and clearly, Louis is the same."
"Yeah, they're both quite alike." Liam stares at the floor for a few seconds, before looking up at me. "Louis didn't send that note." I nod my head.
"Yeah, I know." Sighing, Liam walks past me, toward his own room. My phone rings, interrupting the silence in the house. Hastily, I take it out and answer it. Since it's an unknown number, I don't know who's calling.
"Hello," I say.
"Mus, you're at the suite with Harry, right?" Xavi asks in a panic.
"Yeah, why? Why do you sound so panicky?" I ask him, concerned.
"Because there's been another situation, concerning the person who's threatening you. Just...stay with Harry." Xavi ends the call, before I can get another word in.