I Can't Watch You Cry

"Pick up. Pick up," I mumble. Annoyed, I throw my phone onto the bed and tug at the roots of my hair. Harry left my house last night and a day has passed. However, I haven't heard anything from him. I decided to wait out the day, but now my patience has worn out. I've been calling Harry for the past hour, but he hasn't picked up, or sent me a message. My eyes land on his bag that's been sitting near my room door since last night. Harry's bag and cap, the only things that prove last night happened. Though I wish it hadn't. Mason called me today morning to check if I'm okay. Honestly, he's the last person I want to talk to right now. Yes, I know it's not his fault and it isn't mine either. But every time I think of him, I keep thinking of ways as to how last night could've gone differently.
"Didn't pick up?" Kate asks, entering my room with Nef close behind her heels. Nef jumps onto my bed, and sits down on my pillow. She's the only calm one in this house right now. I nod my head, tears brimming my eyes. "M, don't cry. It's not your fault." She embraces me.
"I know," I whisper. "But I feel differently."
"I talked to Liam," Kate says slowly. I stare at her. This is so unbelievable! She said that she had broken up with Liam, but her statement right now speaks differently. "Don't give me that look, M. I know what you're thinking. He said that Harry's staying in some motel because it was too late to get any hotel room and they were all booked. I say you go and visit him. Talk to him and put an end to both of your misery. Liam talked to Harry and he knows just how distraught Harry is."
"I am, too! But I don't want to go there. He asked for time and space and that's what I'll give him. The only way that I want to approach Harry is through messages and unanswered phone calls." Kate huffs and rolls her eyes. She turns to face Nef.
"Please talk some sense into her," Kate tells Nef.
"Kate, can I just...can I have some time alone?" I ask her, begging her with my eyes. I don't have the energy to deal with my charged up friend, Kate. She nods her head, her eyes filled with concern.
"I'll be downstairs," Kate murmurs. She shuts the door behind her, leaving me in silence again. I sink onto the floor, and hug my knees to my chest. A sob escapes my lips. What have I done? No matter how much I'm trying to think that this isn't my fault, I just know it is. A few tears stream down my cheeks, making another sob escape from my lips. I get up from the floor, and shuffle toward the bed. I grab my phone and click on Harry's phone number. A sob escapes my lips, as soon as the call goes to voicemail.
"H-Harry," I sob. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for everything. For being such a bitch and hanging out with Mason. For not admitting to making a mistake, I-I'm sorry." Another sob escapes, and a fresh batch of tears flow down my cheeks. My phone slips from my fingers, and lands beside my head. I curl up into a ball, and hug my knees to my chest. Shutting my eyes, I disconnect myself from the world.
*******
My eyes fly open and bright light hits them. Squinting, I groan and turn around. My nose hits something hard. Immediately, I sit up and turn around. Harry's lying on my bed, his arm outstretched. He's looking at me with a mixture of amusement and...love.
"W-What are you doing here?" I ask, puzzled. I pass my hand through my hair and squint my eyes, as I'm not wearing my glasses. Harry reaches out to the bedside table and when he moves his hand back toward me, my pair of red and white glasses are in his palm. "Thanks," I murmur. I take them from him and put them on. The world becomes crystal clear once more.
"I got your message, Bump." Harry says. Oh, we're back to Bump again. That's a great sign! "I'm sorry." His face clouds over with pain and sorrow.
"Why?" I say, concerned. I turn around and take his hand in mine. "Why're you apologizing? This is my fault, and I'm so sorry."
"No," Harry closes his eyes. "It's my fault; I made you cry." He opens them and I'm met with glistening green orbs. "Hearing you sound so distraught..." A shudder passes through Harry's body. "I'm sorry, Bump. I promised that I'd protect you and never make you cry, but I've broken my promises."
"No, Harry! It's my fault, please understand." My room door opens and in walks Kate, alongside Gregg.
"Oh, for the love of God! Don't start another fight on this," Kate says. I laugh, but my voice cracks as another tear flows down my cheek. Harry moves closer to me, and cups my cheeks in his hands.
"Bump, don't cry. I mean it. I can't watch you cry." Harry says, smiling. "When I heard you, I swear I wanted to cry and now I'm getting that same feeling. So please stop crying, please." I nod my head. Harry leans his head toward mine and envelopes my lips with his. I give my whole self to Harry, as I wrap my arms around his neck, and deepen our kiss. Harry groans against my lips.
"Gonna throw up," Kate says. I pull back, smiling. I turn my head toward Kate, and glare at her. But my glare is filled with love.
"Kate, get out." I say, as Harry latches his lips onto my neck. Does this man not care that we have company? No, he doesn't.
"Bumper, honestly I would love nothing more than for Kate and Gregg to leave us alone. However, we have a flight to catch in five hours. So we better start packing," Harry mumbles.
"A flight? To where?" I ask, puzzled.
"Remember I said I came here to take you with me. Well, that's exactly what I'm doing. Today was your first day of the winter break and I admit, it wasn't the best. But I promise I'll make the rest better and you'll never forget them. So tonight we're heading to Florida."
"You, Mr. Styles, are making all my dreams come true." I say, leaning forward and giving Harry a peck on the lips. "Let's get ready!"