Chapter 15

Don't forget the song above. ♡

Melodie's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the shower starting. I lifted my head up from the pillow and sat up, running my fingers through my hair. The sound of music leaked through the crack underneath the bathroom door, followed by the sound of water hitting the tile.

"Baby, I need a one dance.." I heard Aaron sing. I smiled. I slid out of bed, and got dressed. I did my makeup and pulled my hair up into a ponytail, as I waited for my pop tart to pop out of the toaster.

The sound of running water stopped, and I heard Aaron open the cabinet. I heard a towel hit the floor and the sound of his deodorant cap come off, before his voice broken the silence.

"Melodie? Baby?" He yelled. I got off of the couch, and walked over to the door. I leaned towards it.

"Yes?"

"Can you plug my phone in? I forgot to last night, now it's almost dead."

"Yeah sure." I say, as he slides his phone under the door. I grab it, and walk over the wall, that had his charger on it. I plugged it in, and in dinged in my hand.

Shelby  : Hey handsome. I miss you, all of you. ❤️😉

My mouth fell open. The room was so silent that I could hear my heart shatter  on the ground. My eyes filled with tears, spilling over on my cheeks. The sound of the bathroom door opening made me jump, and I dropped his phone. I wiped my tears, sat on the bed, staring at the ground.

"Hey gorgeous." A voice said from the side of the room. I jumped again. Aaron's eyes searched my face, and his expression fell. "Melodie? What's wrong?" He said crossing the length of the room, and kneeling in front of me. He brushed a tear away from my cheek, as his eyes looked at me with concern.

"H-How could y-you?" I say, pushing his hands away from me. His face, now more concerned.

"Melodie," He said, moving closer to me. "What are you talking about?" I moved away from him, and I saw his his heart fall. I never backed away from him. He came closer still. And I moved again. And again.

"Melodie!" He yelled, grabbing my arms.  "What is going on?! You're scaring me!" I jumped when he yelled, and instantly he made his hold on me more gentle.

"W-Who is S-Shelby?!" I say, having my voice turn into more of a scream then I wanted. He froze. "Huh?!" I say ripping my arms out of him hold. He stood there, frozen. His face, pure mortification. Horror written on every breath he took in. I stared at him with wide eyes, as he seemed paralyzed.

"I-I," He said trying to find words that weren't there. "Melodie, I-"

"I gave you everything Aaron!" I screamed in his face. "Freaking everything! I was always there for you! I loved you! Aaron I loved you!" I say, as I let my rage out on him.

"M-Melodie, I can exp-"

"I don't want to hear it." I say as tears spilled over my cheeks again. "We're done." I said, pushing past him roughly. His face changed to panic. He swung his body around, and caught my arm.

"Melodie, listen to m-"

I ripped my arm out of his grip harshly, and slapped him. He took a step back. His eyes filling with tears.

"You got your chance." I say lowly. "Goodbye Aaron." I say grabbing my bag, and running out of the parked bus.

"M-Melodie no!" I heard him sob. "Melodie-e, baby please. Y-You can't leave me! I n-need y-you-u!" I slammed the door, as he ran to the opening. He ripped it open again, jumping off the stairs. Stumbling to the ground. I stood at the edge of the road, and flagged down a taxi. He stumbled forward, before breaking into a sprint.

"Melodie!"

I put my bag into the trunk, and slammed the door. I got into the back of the cab, and closed the door just as he reached the car. I locked the door, milliseconds before he tried opening the door. He screamed into his teeth in frustration. He banged his fist on the side of the door. He desperately banged on the window, tears rolling down his face.

"Where to miss?" The cab driver said, taking that I didn't want Aaron to get in too.

"A hotel. On the other side of town please." I say trying to block out the sounds of Aaron banging on the window, as the sound of his sobs as he begged me to open the door. I met his eyes as the cab slowly pulled away from the curb. His eyes grew frantic, as his screamed my name through his sobs.

Tears ran down my face, as we both broke down. The cab started to pick up speed, and I placed my hand on the window. Aaron had broken into a sprint, running next to the car. Holding on, as if his heart wouldn't let him let go. He slowly placed his hand over the spot that mine was, curling his fingers in the hope he could feel my skin against his.

Then he was gone. The driver had stepped on the gas as we drove into the highway ramp. I looked back. Aaron had fallen to the ground, he was holding his head in his hands as his whole body shook.

I curled into a ball, and cried into my knees. The driver let me have my space, and so I cried harder. Crying till my heart was broken completely.