Letters Of Simplicity Part III

My dearest Elena,

I fear Camilla is keeping away from me intentionally. She seems a little bit more withdrawn with each passing second that we spend together. I am getting worried that she is falling out of love with me.

 It was only a few days later when she told me the devastating news. Her father has been planning to marry Camilla off to some duke from down south. It was gut wrenching seeing the love of my life burst into tears.

 I was always concerned that Camilla’s statues within the social hierarchy of England would interfere and that she would have to choose between her social duty- to be married off or her individual desires. Me.

 It saddens me of our positions in this cruel world. A lowly farm boy and her, a beautiful daughter of statues and wealth. I love this beautiful soul and giving her up would devastate me for life. Yet she must not abandon her needs to take care of our region. I feel so conflicted.

 The raids have become more horrific, occurring more frequently. They are pushing for more men to risk their lives to defend their homes. Camilla’s father has strained this marriage by signing a deal with the young duke. In exchange for marriage they are going to help us banish these raids.

 I feel as if I should join my fellow men in arms and help eradicate these raids. I am pulled by my sense of duty and honour to join these men and help defend our land so that I can prove to Camilla and her father that I am worthy of her hand. I love her that much Elena, I’m sure you can understand. If I only live once I want to live it with Camilla.

 Yours eternally,

 Lucas Blake

To be honest with you guys i was listening to "something i need" by Onerepublic when i was writing this.

And Merry Christmas!

or pre/post? Merry Christmas

also if anyones interested, check out my other story- under the chridtmas lights

Inflowerx