Chapter 2: Breaking Point

Candace's POV

Jon Jon came and sat next to me.

"What's wrong with you?"

I shook my head and bit on my nails. "Nothing."

"Man don't give me that shit, just tell me."

"It's Destiny."

"What about her?"

I rolled my eyes. "She's a rude ass bitch."

"Damn, tone it down a bit."

I sighed. "I'm sorry, but she really knows how to work a nerve."

"Well I have an idea to get your mind off of her."

"Not sure that'll happen, but it's worth a try. What is it?"

"Let's get this game of Chicken started." Jon Jon stood. "Aye everybody! We about to play chicken. So if you're not playing, move yo ass to the other side of the pool."

A few people moved around to the other side as everyone else's attention was on Jon Jon.

"So Chicken is a 4 player game. 2 girls and 2 boys. Boys will have the female on they shoulders. The objective of the game is to knock the other female into the water. Y'all got it?"

Everybody nodded or said "yeah".

"Ight then, who's first?"

People got their teams together and finally somebody volunteered to go first. "READY, SET, GO!" There was a whistle and they started wresting.

While they were playing, Lena, Ronny, Destiny and Quan came over by me.

"Anybody down?" Ronny asked.

"Hell nah," Lena scoffed, "I can't mess up this face."

Ronny shook his head. "Baby?" He said to Destiny.

She hesitated. "I don't know, I'm not tryna hurt nobody feelings when they get KO'd. Cause I damn sure ain't getting my hair wet."

I rolled my eyes in my mind.

"Candy, you wanna play?" Ronny asked me. "Quan can be your partner."

"NO." Me and Quan said at the same time. For all I know, that nigga might knock me down his damn self.

"I'll just ask Jon Jon to be my partner."

Lena nudged me. I shook my head no at her, here she goes again.

"Ight cool, we next then." Ronny went to tell Jon Jon.

"I can't wait to knock your ass in the water." Destiny said, looking at me up and down.

I smiled. "Bet." This bitch ain't know what was coming to her.

Ronny came back with Jon Jon.

"Y'all ready?"

I nodded. "More than I'll ever be."

"Just keep ya balance babygirl and we'll be fine. I won't let you go, on God I won't." Jon whispered to me.

I was a little nervous that I was about to get a lot of unwanted attention, but I had to take this hoe down.