Chapter 9: Done

Ronny's POV

My head was spinning. These two driving me insane, should I let one of them go? Or should I just keep them apart? These thoughts jumbled through my mind as I went to find Candace and that security guard.

They were in his squad car, laughing. What would they be talking bout?

"You can let her go now." I told the security guard. "I'll take her home."

"Is this him?" He asked Candy.

"Yeah, that's him."

The man shook his head as he got out the car. "You better them two away from each other. This one here," he pointed back at Candace, "she's crazy!" He let Candace out the back seat.

"I know now. Come on Candy."

She waved to the guard before we got to my car.

"What was that?"

"I was just telling him what happened, hoping he wouldn't take me to jail while you chased down your lil girlfriend."

I sighed. "She really stressing me out man. She been playing me this whole time."

"Hell, I could've told you that. As a matter of fact, I did! You don't seem to mind though."

"You don't understand how I feel Candy. She got some kind of hold on me."

"Yeah, and that hold's gonna be the death of you."

I sighed. "At this point, it is what it is. If I die, the hood gon always love me."

"Really Ronny? The hood?  These streets don't give a damn about you! Just cause you run some dope house on the other side of town where you don't live? You didn't even grow up there! The best you gon get from the 'hood' is a t-shirt and a gun war. You didn't even mention your fucking family or me!" She yelled at me and got out the car, slamming my door.

I sat there for a second, dazed. Where is this coming from? She walked around the restaurant and sat on the bench.

I got out and sat next to her. Then she started bawling. I wrapped my arm around her and let her weep into my chest.

"You're so fucking selfish." She cried.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Yes you did."

"I didn't."

"Whatever." She mumbled.

"What's this really about? Destiny?"

Candace's face twisted up. "No."

"Then what is it?"

She sat up and sighed loudly. "I love you, Ronny."

"Well duh," I chuckled, "I love you too."

"No, I mean I really love you." She stared me dead in the eyes.

"Oh." Was all that came out.

She laughed before more tears spilled out her eyes. "I knew this was stupid." She got up, but I quickly grabbed her arm.