Chapter 18: Official

Candy's POV

"Excuse me sir, you've been in here long enough." I heard someone say. "And someone else wants to visit."

"My fault." Ronny said. He kissed my forehead and said, "I'll see you when you wake up."

The door closed and opened shortly after. A hand grasped mine and I had no clue who it was until they started talking.

"Damn baby girl, I hate to see you like this. I almost thought we'd lost you. I know I said that I couldn't be your friend and all, but this made me realize how short life is... and I don't want there to be a day where I'm holding this grudge of not being your man and something else was to happen to you. So I wanna bury the hatchet, but I haven't given up on us baby girl. When Ronny fucks up, and I guarantee you he will, I'll be right there to pick up the pieces."

He left it at that and exited the room.

You're not gonna make this easy for me, are you Lord?

~~~~

I began to stir before opening my eyes. I looked down at the IV in my arm, remember where I am. My dad was lying down on the couch not to far from me.

"Daddy.." I groaned.

His head popped up and his smile was bigger than the Kool-Aid man's. "Hey princess, how you feeling?"

"Tired, but I'm fine."

"You scared me pumpkin, I don't know what I'd do if I lost you too."

I gripped my daddy's hands. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Where is everyone?"

"They're in the waiting room. Miss Alice and dropped Ryan off. Would you like me to go get them?"

I nodded.

"Even Ronny? I don't know why exactly, but I know he's the reason you're in here."

"Even Ronny, daddy."

"Alright." He got up and kissed my forehead.

"Oh and daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Mama said to take it easy."

He started to laugh. "I'll do my best." He said as he walked out the room. "I'll do my best."

Shortly after, Lena, Quan, Jon Jon, Ronny, and Ryan came in the room.

Ryan rushed by my side and got into the bed with me. "I gotta tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Kourtney asked me to be his girlfriend." She whispered.

"You better tell his ass no." Ronny yelled, overhearing the conversation.

"I hope you said yes."

"I told him I'd think about it." She smiled and hugged me once again.

Lena sat in the chair next to the bed and the boys stood around me.

"Hey boo." She smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"You sure know how to scare a bitch."

We laughed.

"Aye Candace, I still hate yo ass.. but I'm glad you all good." Quan said.

I rolled my eyes before smiling. "I hate yo ass too."

I looked over at Ronny, and he kept staring at me.

"What?"

"I love you." He said.

"Ron-"

"No. I'm done with all the bullshit, Candy. I want you and only you."

"Ronn-"

"No Candy, let me say this. I've been in the dark way too long, I'm tryna make you mine."

"I-"

"No! I know I've fucked up, one too many times but I'm still evolving. And that's because of you baby, you make me better."

"Ro-"

"And this time I'm not taking no for an answer. I know it's in God's plan for us to be together."

"Ronny, I-"

"I'm so in love with you Candace. I been in love with you and I hate that you had to get hurt for me to let you know. But I'll be damned if I lose you again. Last time, was the last damn time. We forever."

"I told you." Ryan said, nudging me.

"You can stop with all the lovey dovey shit." Quan scolded.

"Are you all done interrupting me?" I finally got out.

"My bad."

"What I was tryna say is that I love you too. And if I had to take another bullet for you, I would in a heartbeat."

"That's a metaphor." Lena interjected.

We all laughed and the doctor walked in.

"Candace, are you ready to go home?" The doctor asked.

"Can I?"

"You're father just checked you out, so yes, you're free to go home. He knows all the proper procedures to help your wound heal."

Then a nurse wheeled in a wheelchair.

She came by my bedside and helped me up and into the chair. Everyone trailed behind as she wheeled me to the parking lot. My daddy pulled up and Ronny helped me up out the wheel chair. Jon Jon held the door open as Ronny kissed me. My mind was wrapped around all things Ronny. He pulled me closer and his hands gripped my waist.

"Ahem." My daddy cleared his throat. "Don't make me have to get out this car and beat your ass Ronald. I already owe you one and you're at the right place." He pointed to the hospital sign.

Ronny let me go and I got in the car. "Ima call you." He smiled after licking his lips.

"Okay." I blushed and turned away.

Jon Jon closed the door for me and we looked in each other's eyes. He winked at me before walking off.

***********

Short, I know. Y'all know I wouldn't be me if I didn't add a little twister to the finale.

Did y'all know this book alone already has over 1K votes? And Player's Prayer has more than 2K votes?

I don't think I say this enough: I LOVE Y'ALL ❤️! I appreciate y'all for riding with me. Through the short chapters, slow updates and all, thank you for being the realest.

This ain't the end, Book 3, "Made To Be Together" on the way. You already know the deal; Don't delete this book cause I'll let you know when the next book is here.