Chapter 13: The Run In

Candace's POV

Gary and I have been spending alot of time together. Whenever we talk or hang out, all we do is laugh and I love it. We were on the phone now.

"Hey, you wanna go to the mall? I wanted to go get those new J's." He asked.

"And you need me to go with you for that?"

"Not really, but I'd like to walk around with the flyest girl on my arm."

His voice made me melt. "Damn, how can I say no to that?"

"You can't. So what time is good for you?"

"Now is good, if you're not busy."

"Nah, I'm not busy. Need me to come scoop you?"

"Could you?"

I heard keys jiggling. "Of course, I'm on my way now."

"Alright then, see you in a few."

"See ya."

We hung up and I ran to the mirror and checked out my outfit. I had on some blue jeans and a Thrasher shirt I stole from Lena.

"I don't look too bad, do I?" I asked myself out loud.

"Not at all." My daddy said, scaring me to death. I jumped so hard.

"Daddy!"

He laughed. "Sorry. Where you going?"

"To the mall with my friend."

He nodded. "Is this friend a guy?"

I smiled slightly. "Yes. The Kool Aid Man I've been telling you about."

"You sure it's just a friend? You don't smile this hard unless you're going somewhere with Ronny."

My smile instantly turned into a frown. "Really?"

He shrugged. "Sorry, it slipped."

"Whatever." I said. I put on some lipgloss before placing it in my purse.

"But you know I'm right. You must really like this guy."

"I actually do."

"So when will I get to meet this mystery boy?"

"In due time daddy, in due time."

I heard Gary's horn. "Welp, there's my ride!" I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

I walked out the door with my father right behind me. "I guess the time is now." He said.

I got in the car and daddy was knocking on Gary's window. Gary rolled down the window. "Hey, Mr. Baker?

Daddy nodded and stuck his hand out. "Mr. Kool Aid Man?"

I covered my face in embarrassment. "His name is Garrison, daddy. Garrison, this is my dad, Frank."

"Mr. Baker will do just fine. Nice to meet you Garrison."