vi.

Chapter Six;

"So, where's Kanan and Ezra?" Soleil asked, as she followed Hera and Sabine out of the cockpit. Behind them, the blue-white blur of hyperspace dominated the view from the window.

As they walked, her bag slipped slightly off her shoulder. She hitched it higher up, securing it.

"They've headed back to Lothal, Ezra's homeworld," Hera explained. She sighed, and her eyes fluttered briefly closed. "Ezra... had a vision about the fate of his parents. There was a mass breakout at the prison we discovered his parents were being kept. He had a vision that led him to Lothal for answers."

Soleil blinked. Her mind returned to Garel, when Ezra told her his parents had been taken by the Empire. Her heart reached out to the young boy, no matter how far a distance was between them. She hoped he found the answers he needed, and received some good news at least. She recalled that broken expression on his face – hopefully, it wouldn't be a dream taken away in the worst way possible.

Then she remembered a word Hera had used and frowned. 

"A vision?" She had never heard of anyone possessing such an ability.

Sabine and Hera exchanged a look.

"There's something you should know about Ezra and Kanan, now you're one of us," Sabine said slowly. "They're both Jedi."

"What?"

Sabine's shriek pierced the air, rupturing even her own eardrums. Her head swivelled from Hera to Sabine, waiting for someone to laugh, to say it was a joke. Because that was impossible – the Jedi had died years ago!

But there was no reaction; if anything, the two only grew more solemn. Soleil swallowed.

They're telling the truth.

It's impossible, but they're telling the truth.

"I thought they'd all died," she choked out.

Hera smiled wistfully, a small sadness in her eyes. "Not all of them."

"Kid!" a new voice bellowed.

Soleil didn't have time to react until someone clapped her on the back so hard she staggered forward, all the breath in her chest temporarily being expelled from her lungs. Coughing, and her eyes watering slightly, she turned and beamed to see the tall, imposing figure of Zeb Orrelios in front of her.

"Good to see that you came back!" the Lasat said, grinning.

Soleil laughed, trying indiscreetly to rub her back. "Hey, Zeb," she responded, waving with her free hand.

"Glad you've joined the right fight now," he said gruffly.

Soleil nodded. "Me too, Zeb. Me too."

Hera smiled. "We'll assign you sleeping quarters. I hope you don't mind sharing a space, Sabine?" She addressed the sentence to the blue-haired girl.

Sabine shook her head. "'Course not." She extended her hand. "Come on, Lei."

Soleil raised her eyebrows. "Lei?"

Sabine shrugged. "Easier to say."

Soleil laughed. It was a sound that was almost entirely unfamiliar to her. When had Hana spoken her last joke?

"Fair enough," she chuckled, and allowed Sabine to drag her to the room they would share.

Soleil didn't notice Hera trail behind them as they entered Sabine's room for what was Soleil's second time. The first time she had been too distracted to notice it properly but now, she was taking it in with full force.