xiii.

Chapter 13;

Soleil had no idea what to expect when she met Ahsoka Tano.

She'd never heard or seen the woman before but, judging from the reverence and respect in both Kanan and Ezra's voices when they spoke of her, she was strong, powerful, and wise. She was held in high regard within the Rebel Alliance.

Soleil felt butterflies in her stomach while she, Kanan, and Ezra waited for Ahsoka to reach the Ghost. They waited alone in the cockpit while the others did their own thing. Jedi only business, Soleil guessed.

This was the first big-deal person in the Rebel Alliance she was going to meet. Soleil hoped she made a good impression.

She checked her clothes and hastily smoothed out a few creases, though that did nothing to change the fact dust and dirt covered them after the fight on Garel.

More often than not, Soleil's mind drifted back to her homeplanet. Her world spun whenever she thought about it too much. It definitely wasn't a pleasant memory, but it was now a part of her. 

Soleil still struggled to believe she had a sister. She had lived all her life believing herself to be an only child. Then, out of nowhere, an Inquisitor approached her and declared herself to be of Soleil's blood.

Britta, Soleil thought. Now she reflected on her life, she knew that was her sister's name. She had heard her parents talk lowly about someone named Britta before - that had to be her sister.

She couldn't run away from this – she was going to have to learn to face it, and fight it, head on.

That's why she needed Ahsoka.

It didn't take long for Ahsoka Tano to reach them. When she did, Soleil instantly realised why she was held in such regard by the Rebels.

An aura of strength and wisdom radiated from the Togruta woman. She held herself regally, but there was something compassionate in her eyes: they were like a summer afternoon sky, warm and bright.

Soleil instantly knew she was someone that could be trusted.

Ahsoka greeted Kanan and Ezra like old friends. Then she turned to Soleil and smiled. Her smile was like the sun.

"You're the girl I've heard so much about?" she asked. Her eyes crinkled up slightly when she smiled.

Soleil nodded and stuck out her hand. "Soleil."

Ahsoka returned the gesture. Her grip was hard – a warrior's grip. "Ahsoka Tano."

They sat down on the four available chairs, and wasted no time explaining the situation to Ahsoka. She didn't interrupt once, just listened in silence. The most reaction she displayed would be to hum under her breath, or furrow her eyebrows in thought.

"This sounds like quite the predicament," Ahsoka said with a heavy sigh, once the story was complete. She turned to Soleil. "I'm sorry, Soleil. This is quite the situation to land yourself in so soon."

Soleil shrugged. "I'll adapt."

She'd heard the phrase so often that she was beginning to believe it herself.

Ahsoka's eyes lingered on Soleil's hair, and her eyes glittered mischievously. "I can see that."

Soleil flushed. Somehow, she didn't think Ahsoka was just referring to adjusting to the Rebellion.

"Ahsoka, do you have any idea how we should proceed?" Kanan asked. He leaned forward in his seat, fingertips pressed together. Ezra sat on the edge of his seat, eyes flicking between everyone in the room.