Chapter 1

Aria's POV:

"You have your lunch" she nodded "pencils" she nodded again "a jacket, just in case it gets..." "Mom, I'm going to be fine" Lily said. "Gosh, you're growing up way to fast" I said kissing the top of her hair "I can't believe you're going to be a freshman." "Okay ma, just stop already... I'm 14 years old." "I know honey... But we just moved here and." "Yeah I know your life began here, in Rosewood. Ma I'm going to be fine, I'll meet up with Taylor, she is going to show me the whole school and town." "Okay, I love you." "I love you too mom." She got out of the car and walked to Rosewood High on her way she met up with Taylor, daughter of Spencer and Toby Cavanaugh.

Lily and I moved back to Rosewood a few weeks ago, I figured this is where I was born so this is where I'll grow old.

Lily's POV:

"So this is the principal's office and here is our first class" Taylor said. "Hey Tay" a girl said "who is that?" "This is Lily, daughter of my mother's best friend so we're basically cousins. Lils this is Tate, my best friend." I waved at her. "Nice to meet you Tate, so how is the teacher" I said when we walked into the classroom. "His name is Ezra Fitz" Tate said answering my question. "Mom said she had him for English too, your mom probably knows him then" Taylor said. I sat down with Tate and Taylor and we waited for the teacher.

"Good morning everyone, you guys ready for another English class" he said walking into the classroom "I heard there's a new student in my class so..." He finally looked up into the room, his eyes met mine and I gave him an awkward smile. "Holy crap." I looked at Taylor, confused. She gave me a look which said 'well, tell them who you are'. "Uhm... I'm Lily Montgomery and I'm 14 years old. My mom and I just moved back to Rosewood. Well my mom moved back, I never lived here. Maybe when I was younger but... okay sorry I'm blabbing." "It's okay" he said "I'm Mr. Fitz. Lily you think you can come to me after class so I can help you with the assignments they needed to make last week, since you missed the first two weeks." "Yeah sure, that's fine."

So after class I stayed a little longer, Taylor waited for me since I didn't know the school hallways. While he was searching the assignments, he started talking to me. "I taught your mom too" he said "she was a great student. You know, you look a lot like your mom but..." "I have my fathers eyes" I said interrupting him. "Who is your father?" "I don't know." "Oh, well here are the assignments. You don't have to make them, it's just so you know what we already did these weeks. If you have any questions you can always come to me... but I think Taylor would want to help you too." She nodded "yeah of course! Come on Lils, we need to go to History." "Ughh I hate history." "Well the teacher is hot." "What" I said laughing at her "you can't date your teacher." "I'm not dating him, I'm just saying he's hot. Bye Mr. Fitz." "Bye girls." I think I saw him grinning, I think it was because of what Taylor said but I don't know.

"How was school" my mom asked when Taylor and I got home. Aunt Spencer and uncle Toby were going to have dinner with us so they were at our home. "It was great! Ma, do you know Mr. Fitz? He is my English teacher and he said he taught you too." "Mr. Fitz" she eyed to my aunt. "Okay what is going on" Taylor said. "Nothing, Mr. Fitz was a great teacher" aunt Spencer said.

Aria's POV:

"He was teaching Taylor and you knew it, why didn't you say anything" I said when the girls had gone upstairs. "Aria, don't let him ruin all of this. You once loved him, why can you hate him this much" Spencer said. "I never told him about Lily."

"Thanks for meeting me Spence" I said. "What's wrong? It looks like you've been crying." "Ezra and I broke up..." "What?! But you guys were perfect for each other" Spencer said "everyone could see you two end up marrying each other." "Please don't" I said feeling the tears in my eyes again "there is more." "Tell me." "I'm pregnant." "Is that why he broke up with you?" "No... I don't know, I was going to his place because I wanted to tell him. I thought we both wanted this, I mean I'm 23 and he's 29. But when I came there he just... He didn't even led me in, he just opened the door and told me we were over" I sighed "I don't know what to do anymore." "You're not killing the baby because of some stupid act of him, we'll figure something out."

"You never went back to him after you had told me" Spencer asked. "I couldn't, I hated him for doing this to me." "I think you need to tell him at some time, Lily has probably been wondering who her father is, why she doesn't have one and you eventually need to tell Ezra about this too." "I know" I said "and I will, just not yet." "Aria you've had 14 years to figure out how to tell Ezra about his daughter, don't tell me you need another 14 years... Sorry that came out wrong" Spencer said "it's just that both Lily and Taylor has asked me about it and I keep on lying to them." "Lily asked you?" "Yes, look Aria. I know you don't want to talk about it right now but Lily is trying to figure it out herself. She loves you but she also needs her father in life. A man who doesn't tell her to be beautiful but just tells her she is beautiful the way she is." "I tell her that all the time" I said. "I know you do but... when Taylor comes home crying because of some stupid boy who tells her to be more perfect or whatever. Toby always tells her she is beautiful the way she is, he is a man too and Lily just needs her father. Specially when her body is soon going to change a lot... Just think about it okay?" "Okay."

"Mom" Lily yelled from upstairs "can you or aunt Spencer or uncle Toby come up here and help us?" We all looked at each other. "It's science" Taylor yelled. "I'll go" Toby said as he stood up and walked upstairs. "I meant it when I said you have to tell them anyways" Spencer said. "I know and I will. She will know who her father is."