Chapter 12

Aria's POV:

I can't believe I'm actually getting married to Ezra. I was with Lily looking for dresses for her and Lauren. Lily was trying something on and I was waiting for her. Just when Lily came out of the dressing room an old 'friend' walked in. "Mrs. Montgomery or should I say Fitz already" Jackie said judging Lily's dress "I would choose another color honey... but congratulations." "Jackie... stop it" I said interrupting her. "What's wrong Aria?" "You're judging my daughter, I'm asking you nicely to stop." "Oh I'm not judging her" she said in a sarcastic way "I'm giving her some advice, I mean I wouldn't want the big Fitz wedding to be a mess because your kid here wore the wrong dress.." "Jackie, shut it. You're insulting my daughter while she's standing here." Lily just stared at Jackie in disbelief. "Lil, get dressed. We're going" I said as I picked a crying Lauren up. "Lovely to see how your daughters are just raised so well." I swear I was trying to ignore that woman but when she was insulting my daughters like that I just couldn't. "Unlike you I'm not going to be a mom who screams around children and insult them" I said ditching her "but you need to stop right now. What have we ever done to you?" "Something wrong" a woman dressed in a suit, who must have been the manager walked in. "Yes" I said at the same time Jackie said "no." "Lil, what's taking you so long?" "What's wrong ladies" the woman asked. "She's insulting my child while I'm just shopping. Lil?" I opened the curtain of the dressing room. Lily said there, dressed up in her own clothes again but with reddish eyes. "God, Lil... no. Kid don't listen to her okay? We'll come back another time. I think the dress looked beautiful on you. This woman had no right to insult you like that" I said still holding a crying Lauren in my arms while I tried to comfort Lily. "Let's get out of here" I said taking her hand and putting Lauren back in the buggy. I kindly nodded at the manager and gave a Jackie a death glare. We went into the car and drove home.

"Hey, Lil" I said when I had put Lauren to bed "you looked beautiful in that dress. We'll come back another time.." "Who was that woman" she asked. "Jackie... she was engaged with Ezra before I even knew him. They broke up and she blamed me, while Ezra and I didn't even know each other... I'm sorry Lil, I didn't want you to go through all that just because of me." "It's not because of you, mom. You just tried to help... it's that Jackie." "Don't let her words get to you okay? She's not worth it." "I know, I love you mom." "I love you too, kid. Oh I asked my parents to come over today, fine with you?" "More than fine!"

My mom and dad were over and Ezra had just come home from work. I told them who we ran into this morning when we were out shopping dresses for the wedding. "She seriously got the nerves to just hurt a girls feelings like that" Ezra asked "how dare she do that? Seriously... I don't know if that's the same Jackie I knew when I was at high school. She was constantly the one telling people to stop hurting others feelings and look what she's doing now. That jealous bitch." "Mind your words, Ezra..." Aria said. "What kind of dress was it Lil" my mom asked Lily. "It was like... I don't know. It was like a dark shade of blue, almost black but still blue and I just thought it was beautiful..." "It looked beautiful on her... but we'll buy it another time, maybe online." "So you've got a theme then?" "A theme for the wedding" I asked "I don't know, we thought about a winter wedding but yeah I don't know. I just really liked the idea of marriage in the snow." "I think it could be beautiful, I can picture you wearing this beautiful white with silver dress. Ezra in a dark blue suit with Lil and Lau wearing kind of the same shade dress, with all these beautiful lights everywhere. If you want I can help! I wouldn't mind helping you!" I was stunned by how fast my idea came reality to my mom too. Her thoughts were almost the same as mine, that's why I wanted a winter wedding. It just seemed perfect. "I agree with your mom" my dad said "if you need any help we'll be lucky to work on that wedding together."

Lily's POV:

Still thinking about what the so called Jackie woman in the store said I searched up the dress on the internet. The color was dark blue which made my eyes pop out even more. I found the exact same dress in Lauren's size and I imagined how cute she would look in it. Lauren had the same dark brown hair as me but her eyes were hazel like mom's while I had dad's blue eyes. I was jus looking up hairstyles when my grandfather walked in. "Hey pookie bear" he said. "What's that for word?" He laughed "I used to call your mom that when she was about seven." "Well I'm not seven anymore..." "I know" he said "I can't believe you're almost turning fifteen!" I nodded. "So, ehh. What were you doing" he asked while he sat down at my bed. "Nothing" I said as I turned my laptop off "just looking at that dress." "I'm sure you looked wonderful in it. You'd look good in anything" he said as he put his arm around me. "Grandpa" I asked. "Yes, Lil?" "Why is it that girls always let other girls feel bad about the same insecurities?" "What do you mean?" "I mean that..." I was thinking about how I should formulate my sentence "like this is example. Like Tay and I. I say something bad about her appearance while I'm actually the one who's insecure about that same thing... do you get me?" "I think so" he said "but I'm afraid I can't answer that question... I guess girls make themselves confident by bringing other girls down. Which is bad but you know, it happens..." "Even though Jackie hurt my feelings I felt sorry for mom too. She had to see that woman again, I saw she was close to crying. I wanted to just hug her, tell Lauren to stop crying too and just be a cute family..." I sighed "I guess our family comes with problems." "Every family has his own problems, Lil. All you have to do is to make sure the people you love, know how much you love them." "I love you grandpa" I said as I hugged him. "I love you too kid. Let's go downstairs, okay?"