Chapter 8

Aria's POV:

Lily and I were busy thinking about how we should tell Ezra, we both agreed we wanted to make it as special as possible because even though this will be his second daughter he never experienced a pregnancy before...

"Lily, Ezra is home around dinner. Should we do it tonight?" "Uhm, we better start baking then" she said. "Do you mind if I ask Spencer and Taylor to help us?" "No why?" "I just thought... you and Taylor" I said "you guys don't really talk anymore." Lily paused for a moment and we could here our clock ticking."It's not because I don't like her, I do. She's just too busy with her boyfriend that I don't like." "You don't like her boyfriend?" "Nope, he's an ass." "Lily" I said. "Sorry mom but he is... I know Tay likes him and he is probably really nice to her but I just don't like him. It's okay if you ask them to help tho." "Okay, I'll call them."

"Spence" I began our conversation "Lily and I are surprising Ezra later today. We're going to bake a cake. Could you and Taylor come here and help us." "Uhm yeah sure! I don't know about Taylor. Right now she's with her boyfriend. I'll ask her hold on." I heard her laying the phone down on something and I could hear her walk up the stairs.

Spencer's POV:

I knocked on Taylor's door before walking in. "Tay" I began as I opened the door. She looked up from her bed where she laid curled up with her boyfriend. "Mom..." "Aria just called, she asked if we could help her and Lily with baking a cake. You want to help?" "Yeah I'd love to!" Mike looked at her as if she was crazy. "What" she said. "You're literally are going to bake a cake with someone who had a daughter with her teacher and that daughter happens to be Lily Montgomery" he said speaking her name as if it was a taboo. "Why are you saying that, Lily is my best friend and..." "She is your best friend?" "Okay, stop. Mike I don't want you to talk about Aria and Lily like that in my house" I said. "Well, I'm sorry Mrs. Cavanaugh but don't you think it's weird that she got pregnant with her teacher and Lily isn't even a nice kid either. She's constantly trying to get between me and Ta..." "Enough" Taylor said "if you're going to talk about my friend like that I don't need you anymore... I thought I actually liked you but if you talk about my best friend and my aunt like that... get out of my house." He just sat at her bed, Taylor looking extremely mad and in the verge of crying. "You better leave now" I said. He stood up and got out of the house.

I told Taylor to be down in 5 minutes so we could drive over to the Montgomery house.

"Aria?" "Yep, still here." "Yeah, we're coming but we might have a little problem... Taylor and Mike broke up." At that time Taylor walked downstairs with red eyes. "I got to go Ar, I'll see you in 15 minutes." I walked to Taylor and gave her a big hug. "It's okay Tay, you did the right thing. He shouldn't talk about them like that. Come on let's go and have fun with Lil and Aria."

Aria's POV:

Lily and I had just finished getting everything ready when Spencer and Taylor walked in. I had told Lily about Taylor's breakup so when she saw the red circles under Taylor's eyes she walked up to her and gave her a big hug. "It's okay" I heard Lily say. "It's not Lil, he said horrible things about you and your mom." "Tay..." "I'm sorry" she said. "Don't be" Lily said "come on we're surprising dad tonight with the gender of the baby." "You know if it's a boy or a girl" Taylor said wiping away her tears. Lily nodded "uhum it's a girl!!" "Congratulations!"

So we started baking the cake and we had a really nice day. Taylor and Lily were really close again and Spencer and I got some time together again. "Why didn't you invite the other girls" Spencer asked me. "I.. I don't know, I don't really talk to them. You know they hated me for not telling Ezra about Lily." "You said that correctly, hated, they don't hate you anymore. I'm sure they can't hate you Aria, we've been friends for so long. We should have lunch together once. All five of us, together, again." "We'll see... is the cake ready?" "Yep." "Are you eating with us?" "Uhm I don't know Toby is home tonight." "Call him and he can eat here too" I said hoping she would be here when Ezra would find out the gender. "Okay sure" she said hinting at Taylor and Lily who were sleeping on the couch. We laughed remembering how we used to do that too. "We'll wake them when dinner is ready."

Ezra's POV:

When I came home, Aria and Spencer were talking in the kitchen and Lily and Taylor were sleeping on the couch. "Hey" I said walking into the kitchen. The girls turned around. "Ezra" Aria said "you're home already!" "Yea, I was done with work so I thought I'd surprise you but I see you got the girls tired" he said hinting at Lily and Taylor. "Yeah, we baked a cake for tonight. They wanted to make it but they're tired and fell asleep on the couch after we made it. So we were stuck to make dinner. I thought I could finally rest a night and talk to Spencer..." I said joking. "Well I can take over now." "Thanks" she said smiling "oh and the Cavanaughs are eating here tonight."

After Toby arrived, we woke up the girls and had dinner together. While Aria and Spencer talked about Aria's book, Taylor and Lily talked about school, Toby and I talked about our work today. After dinner Aria got the cake and put it on the table.

"Mom and aunt Spencer baked the cake and we decorated it and apparently fell asleep after that...." Lily said "however, dad can you cut a slice for all of us?" "Sure" I said "give me a knife and I'll cut it." She gave me a knife and I placed it on the cake. I cut it and I saw that the cake was pink. I looked at Aria, confused. "Why is the cake..." I realized Aria and Lily went to a doctor appointment somewhere last week. I looked at Aria again. "It's a girl?" A smile appeared on both Aria and Lily's face. "It is" Aria confirmed. I stood up and walked towards Aria. I hugged her and gave her a kiss. "We're going to have a girl again" I said. Aria nodded "yes we are!" "Uhmm dad" Lily said "I'm sorry to interrupt your intimate moment with mom but I would still like to eat that cake." I laughed at her. "You're just like your mom" I said taking the knife again and cutting a piece for everyone.