Chapter 10

Aria's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night because Lauren was crying. I got out of bed in silent and walked to her room. I thought it was odd that Lily's door was open because she usually sleeps with her door closed but I didn't pay much attention to it. I was going to open the door when I heard Lily whisper to Lauren. "Shh Lau, don't cry." I looked at them through the open door. Lily picked Lauren up carefully and she held her. "Should I sing a song for you? Is that going to cheer you up" she whispered.
"Deep in the meadow, under the willow. A bed of grass, a soft grey pillow. Lay down your head and close your eyes and when they open the sun will rise. Here it's safe, here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place, where I love you."
During her song Lauren had stopped crying and stared at her older sister while she fell asleep again. I couldn't help but smile and feel so proud of my wonderful two daughters. Lily had kissed Lauren on her forehead before she placed her back into her crib again. "Goodnight Lau, I love you." She turned and walked to the door. "Mom" she said "you scared me... why are you crying?" "You're an amazing sister Lil." "You heard all of that?" "Lauren woke me up so I got out of bed but when I wanted to open the door I heard you talking to her. That was really cute" I said giving her a hug "go back to bed Lil. I love you." "I love you too mom."

In the morning I told Ezra about the cute moment Lily and Lauren shared last night. "Do you still talk with Hanna, Em and Ali" Ezra asked me. "Where is this coming from?" "Just curious, you seem to only talk with Spencer while you all were really good friends. Why don't you invite them all?" "Ezra they hate me." "Why?" "Just because..." "Call them, ask them to come to your home, they can bring everyone they want." "But Ezra..." "No excuses Ar, you're going to call them I'll inform Lily."

So I decided I'd start with calling Spencer since I was the most comfortable with doing that. "Aria, you need my help already" she said when she picked the phone up. "Depends on what you want to help me with. Ezra got me to call all of you, you know to catch up." "Oh that's great, should I bring Taylor or is it just our five." "You can bring Taylor and Toby, will you help me and call Hanna? I'll try and reach Emily and Alison" I said. "You just have to reach one of them, if I'm not mistaken they're together now." "Oh okay, thank you Spencer. Is 4 pm at my house okay? Lauren sleeps around 4.30 so that's okay is suppose." "That's great, I'll call Hanna. Good luck Ar." After my conversation with Spencer I called Emily. "Aria" she answered me hesitating. "Emily, it's been a long time..." "Too long if I say so" she answered "I bet that's why you called right?" "Yeah, I was wondering if you and Ali could come over to my house today at 4. Ezra wanted me to do this. Spencer is bringing Taylor and Toby so... yeah." "Wait your back with Ezra then? He knows about Lily right?" "He knows about Lily and Lauren... I gave birth to her..." Emily interrupted me "right Ali told me that Spencer told her you gave birth to another daughter, so her name is Lauren? That's a beautiful name! I bet the girl is beautiful too. Ali and I would love to come, we'll see you today then!" "That's great! I'll text you my address." I hung up texted her my address and told Spencer that they were coming. Spencer texted me back saying Hanna, Caleb and Emma were coming too. Spencer and her family came earlier and she helped me prepare some things.

The first moment the girls got into my house it immediately felt like it used to feel. Lily sat on the couch proudly holding her newborn baby sister. Next to her sat Emma and Taylor and they were busy talking. Hanna and Caleb were engaged for a very long time and Emily and Alison looked like a really happy couple. "I missed this" Ali admitted when we all sat together at the couch "I mean look at us. We all have a family now and..." "I missed this too" Hanna said "our friendship, I guess we need to thank Ezra for bringing us all back together." Ezra smiled at us from the kitchen. "So when is the wedding" Emily asked. Lily looked up "wedding?" "You're not engaged already?" "Nope." "Oh, I'm sorry I just assumed..." "But they will marry one day" Lily said "otherwise I'll forever be a Montgomery while my little sis is a Fitz." Everyone laughed. "She looks exactly like you did when you were 14 Aria" Caleb said "just her eyes are Ezra's. Does Lauren have your genes too or is it just Lil?" "Lauren still got the blue eyes but they're turning darker so I guess she'll get mine or her grandma's eyes soon. She's got Ezra's nose and I don't know where her blonde hair comes from." "I was born blonde too" Ezra said from the kitchen while he walked to the living room. "I think Lauren will be a perfect mix between us..."

Hanna's POV:

I looked at our girls together. "So Spencer, maybe you'll finally bring a boy to our little gang that we're creating" I said after she told us she was pregnant again. "Little gang" Spencer asked "I call it 'creating a family'." "That's the other way you could see it, either way we only got girls." "Whatever, I'm glad we're all together again." "Lil" Aria said standing up "your sister needs to sleep. I'm afraid I will have to take her upstairs."

"So Ezra... when are you popping the question" Caleb asked when Aria was upstairs and our girls went to Lily's room." "Aria wants to wait and I respect that" he answered "Lily wants us to marry but we both want to enjoy this time with Lauren without any extra stress about wedding plans. I'm sure someday I will ask her, just not now."

After a while Aria came back down. "We need to do this more often" Spencer said while she stood up. We all nodded. "Are you going?" "Yeah, We promised Taylor we'd go to a restaurant tonight, I'm sorry girls but I'm sure we'll talk again soon!"

Aria's POV:

After we had dinner together, I was back with my family again. We sat on the couch watching tv. "Thank you" I said while I snuggled up against Ezra "you were right, you always are." "I'm not always right. I just know you really good." "Lil you still need help with your homework?" "No, Emma helped me. While we were up she helped me and Taylor with math and we helped her with some boy problems." "Boy problems?" "Shoot, I wasn't supposed to say that. Please don't tell aunt Hanna, Emma would kill me..." I laughed at her. After all Ezra helped recreate my friendship with the girls again, that was something I thought I couldn't restore but eventually I did and it feels good knowing that we'll have each other's backs again.