Chapter 3

Aria's POV:

"Lily, I'm home" I said as I closed the front door, I walked into our house and saw her sitting at the table "what are you doing?" She looked up, she had a sad expression on her face. "Why didn't you pick me up" she said "you never work late, and if you do you always come home and do it at home... What's wrong this time? I was lucky to have Mr. Fitz because he brought me home but..." "I'm sorry Lil, I just needed to figure something out. Being back here brings back a lot of memories and some of them I don't want to remember. Again, I'm really really sorry." "It's okay" she said calming herself "at least I didn't have to walk home. Let's get some take out!" So together we ordered a pizza and ate it.

Ezra's POV:

"Spencer, what I don't get is why you are trying to bring me and Aria back together..." "Because you are meant to be" Spencer said interrupting me "don't you get it?" "To be honest, no I don't... What Aria and I had was amazing but she has a kid now, she's happy and..." "She is not happy" she said interrupting me again "all I'm saying is that you need to talk to her. I got to go." "I'll try, but I'm sure it won't work. She hates me." "She doesn't" Spencer said as she walked out and closed the door behind her. I didn't have Aria's number anymore but I knew where she lived so I got my jacket and went out. I drove to Aria's place and knocked on her door. Lily opened the door. "Mr. Fitz" she said. "It's just Ezra right now." "Oh yeah, right sorry." "Is Aria home" I asked her. "Uhm yeah, come in. You can wait here" she said "I'll get my mom, she's upstairs."

After a few minutes Lily and Aria came downstairs. "Hey Aria" I said as I stood up from the couch. "What are you doing here?" "Aria... We just...we don't talk like we used to do" I said. "No we don't" she said. "Uhm... Mom, I'll think I'll..." Lily began but Aria interrupted her. "Lil you can better go and stay with your aunt tonight, Ezra and I need to talk some things out." "Okay" Lily said "don't be too hard on him he's still my teacher..." "Go now, Lil..." "Okay, fine" she said rolling her eyes. She grabbed her things and she went out. "Ezra, why are you here... For real." "We need to talk" I said "the way we ended things... I owe you an explanation." "Well, you can start now." "I know that nothing I'm going to tell you is an excuse but Jackie she... I don't know, she was there. That day you came to my apartment" I began "she just told me that she knew we had a relationship and she knew that you were my student... She made me broke up with you, otherwise she'd have gone to the police and I know it sounds selfish... but I thought we would find our way back together again, like true love always does..." "I was going to tell you something that day... Something really important." "What was it?" "14 years ago when I knocked on your door" she sighed "I was going to tell you that I was pregnant... I was pregnant with your baby and..." "Did you keep it?" Aria rolled her eyes. "I'm so sorry" she said as the tears started to come up in her eyes "I should have told you anyways and I didn't..." "Lily is my daughter" I stated. "She is..." "Does she know?" "No... She doesn't know anything about us, she just knows that you were my teacher." "She thinks it's weird" I said. "What?" "Dating your teacher... Taylor and she, they were waiting for me to give Lily her assignments, they had history after that and they both didn't like that. Taylor said that the teacher was hot so Lily said it's not okay to date your..." "Teacher" Aria said finishing my sentence. "She looks a lot like you." "She's got your eyes though..." "Hasn't she been wondering..." "All the time" she said interrupting me "she asked about it a lot, I just couldn't answer... You know why she's called Lily?"

Aria's POV:

"She is called after the flower Lily..."

I opened Ezra's apartment. "Ezra? Are you in here." There was no answer. I placed my stuff on the counter and walked to his living room. On the dining table stood a big vase with beautiful flowers, next to it laid a little card.

Dear Aria,

These Lily's are for you, I'll be home before dinner. Make yourself some coffee and put on the movie that's in the DVD player.

I love you,

Ezra

I laid the card back on the table and smell the flowers. Lily's were from now on my favorite flowers.

"What are we going to do" Ezra asked. "Please... Do not tell Lily, I will find a way to tell her just not now." "She's my daughter too Aria." "She may be but... Please just wait a few more days. She will know soon." "And what about us?" "I don't know... We both made mistakes, we both regret things, maybe... I'll need some more time to figure that..." I got interrupted by him. He placed his lips onto mine and soon I got lost into the moment. I placed my hand around his neck and every single thing I've ever felt for him came back. "I missed doing that" he said as we broke apart. The distance between us didn't last long though, I placed my lips against his. We soon moved to the bed and it felt good after all those years.

Lily's POV:

I laid down on Taylor's bed. "You really think my mom was in a relationship with our teacher what was her teacher too" I said staring at the ceiling. "Well I don't know for sure but it all just seems so logic... You said your mom was mad when you left, maybe she was mad because Mr. Fitz and her broke things up in a hard way." "Knock knock knock." "Can I come in" aunt Spencer said. "Yeah sure." She can in and sat down next to us. "Mom, did aunt Aria and Mr. Fitz have a relationship?" "Taylor" I said rolling my eyes. "Did they" she asked again. "I'm not the one who should tell you that, it's up to Aria herself" aunt Spencer said. "We'll ask Mr. Fitz tomorrow at school." "No we won't" I said. "Why not?" "Because Aria is my mom and we're not king to ask him if he was in a relationship with her." "Why not?" "Because" I said "I don't want to." "I agree with Lily, Tay... You shouldn't ask your teacher something personal like that." "But he's a friend of yours too, he even comes here to have dinner sometimes." "No Taylor, you're not asking him. Now change into your pajamas and go to sleep. Goodnight." She walked out of the door.