Chapter 12 - Mornings

Josh woke up. It was 2am. He shook Riley. "Hey, Riles. Get some sleep, yeah?" He whispered with a warm smile. Riley stretched. "Lucas?" Riley answered. Josh held back a laugh. "Yes, Riley. Go to sleep, partner." Josh played. "Night, Lukey." She said groggily, walking to her bedroom. Josh smiled and sat down next to Maya. He thought about carrying her to bed but, he sat down at the end of the couch. He played with her soft, blonde hair. A few hours later, he woke up. His head was on Maya's hip. His hand rest on her stomach. He sat up. She woke up and smiled at Josh, who had his arms around her. "Good morning." He smiled and locked his lips on hers. He was seriously addicted to her. She smiled and hugged him tight. His scent was fresh and his eyes sparkled. "Wh-where's Riley?" Maya asked. "Oh...I-uh woke up around 2 and I sent her to her bed so she would be more comfortable." He explained. "Okaa-ay...and I would be more comfortable in your lap?" Maya teased. "Shut up." He giggled, kissing her. Riley walked in. "Hi Juliet, Romeo." Riley said, nodding at the two. Josh broke the kiss and crinkled his nose. Maya laughed. "Good morning." Maya said, getting up. "Where do we have to go today?" Maya complained taking the coffee Riley had made for her. "We..." Riley paused to close the coffee maker. "...are selling cookies at the bake sale." She finished, taking a sip. "Damnit. I forgot about that." Maya whined. Josh came into the kitchen and gave Riley a side-hug. "Alright, I've gotta go. I'll see you two later." He walked over to Maya and kissed her. "Call me, okay?" He said, under his breath. She nodded. Riley made kissy noises. "Shut up." Maya laughed. "So, what time are we leaving?" Maya asked. "In 2 hours." Riley said.