Chapter 13 - Monday

The weekend was over. It was Monday and raining...AGAIN! Maya stretched and ran her fingers through the roots of her hair. She cuddled herself and shuddered at the thought of leaving her bed of warm blankets. Eventually, she finally managed to roll out of bed. She trudged to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, washed her face, the works. After forty[ish] minutes, she was ready.

Cold

Cold...but, ready. It wasn't until she realized she didn't have any breakfast when she noticed Riley wasn't even up yet. "Rileyyyy!!" She yelled, storming into the other room. Riley stretched and smiled. "Oh, good morning, Maya!" She said. "Riley, we're gonna be late! Get up!" Maya whined. "Nope! My classes don't start until 11 today." Riley grinned. "Oh...Damnit!" Maya yelled, shuffling her feet out of the room. "Have fun!" Riley said, giggling. "Fneh!" Maya yelled. She grabbed her bags, not to mention her coffee which; she had to make...herself! She locked the door and threw the keys into her bag. She sighed and walked a few doors over and knocked. Josh opened the door. "Hi! Maya...you look...beautiful!" He said with a nice smile, pulling her closer to him. He smelled like a boy working at Hollister. "What time do your classes start today?" Maya asked, clenching his jacket. "Uh...right now." He laughed. "Oh, great! Walk with me. Riles is still in bed." She smiled. He intertwined his fingers with hers and held tight. They began to walk to the courtyard. It was grey and kind of dark because of the weather. They stopped in one of the vacant halls. He held her close against the wall, gently tangling his fingertips in her loose ringlets. He leaned in and crinkled his nose, giggling, as their foreheads touched. Maya kissed his smiling lips. His expression became serious as he shaped his lips into her soft ones. He pulled back. "Don't stress over your classes, okay?" He breathed. He caressed her jaw with his nose, trying to restrain himself from kissing her so they could go to class. "See you in a few hours?" She asked. "Umhumm." He responded, burying his head in her shoulder. Maya walked to class, she couldn't get rid of the sparkle in her eyes.