Chapter 4

Someone tapped me on my shoulder. "Hi do you need some help?" A guy asked. "Uhm." "Oh I'm Brennan by the way." He smiled. "Here let me help you." He took some of my stuff. "Thanks. I'm Cassandra." I replied. "I like your accent, are you from England?" He asked. "Uh huh." I nodded.

We walked to my mum and I said thanks. "Who was that?" Mum smirked. "His name's Brennan, he just helped me carry all this." I said. "Already making friends huh, especially boy friends?" Mum nudged me with her elbow. "Stop mum, you're embarrassing." I chuckled. We finished shopping and went home.

I checked the time and it's 5:30. Geez we were shopping for that long? "Mum what time are the neighbours coming?" I asked. "Half past six." I helped her put the groceries inside and she started cooking.

It's currently 6:00 so I went up to my room and get ready. I chucked on black leggings and a blue crop top and curled my hair. I put on some mascara and lipgloss and went downstairs. As I come downstairs I can already smell the food mum's cooking. I sat on the couch waiting for the neighbours to come.

I was startled by someone knocking on the door. "That's them Cass, can you open the door please?" My asked. "Sure." I stood up and opened the door, revealing.....

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(Caleb or Brennan?)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Caleb, and his family. Caleb and I met eye contact and he smiled big. "Come in." I smiled and gestured them to come in. Mum came out and greeted them all. "Hi I'm Katie." The mum said. "I'm Annie." She was the girl who was playing in their front yards with the little girl, but I noticed the younger one wasn't here. "Hi Cassandra." Caleb waved. Mrs Katie and Annie looked confused. "We ran into each other at Target today." Caleb explained and I nodded. Mrs Katie and mum went to the kitchen and continued preparing the food.

"Wow I didn't know we live right next to each other." Caleb smiled. "Same." "Hi I'm Annie, when we went to Target he told us that he bumped into a girl today and he wouldn't shut up, I didn't know he was talking about you." Annie giggled. "No I wasn't." Caleb defended himself, but his face was really turning red. It was cute.

"So what do you guys wanna do?" I asked. Caleb looked around the room and spotted Mario Kart. "Wanna play Mario Kart?" "Yesss!" Caleb exclaimed. I laughed at his excitement. He is so cute.

We played a few games with me winning a lot until dinner was ready. "Wow Caleb you just got beaten by a girl!" Annie laughed at Caleb. "I'm only going easy on her." Caleb defended himself. We all ate and went back to the gaming room. We played a few more games until Annie fell asleep on the couch so we had to be quiet.

"So, tell me about yourself." Caleb sat across from me staring at my face. I felt awkward. My face is ugly how can someone look at me for that long? "Uh well I'm 14, my birthday's on 15th of July." "I'm only two days older than you." Caleb said. "Do you play any sport?" He asked. "I play volleyball and I do swimming, how about you?" "I play baseball. I like playing football too and I used to play soccer. But mainly my sport is baseball." He said.

We just talked for a good hour until they had to leave. To be honest I didn't want this night to end. We were starting to get comfortable with each other. "Here put your number in." He gave me his phone and I typed in my number. He gave me his number too and we hugged. "I'll see ya around." He smiled. He carried Annie(which I think was so cute) and They went home

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating for so long!

Don't forget to vote! And also follow me on Instagram: amading_calebratayley