Chapter 10

**Caleb's POV**

Im glad I have nothing to hide from Cassandra anymore. I finished texting her then I remembered that Syd and I are hanging out today. So I texted her.

To Syd😈
I'll pick you up at 11:30😉

From Syd😈
Okay, looking forward to it😘

I put my phone down and went to shower then headed downstairs. "Hey mom" "well there's the big boy" she says. "So what are your plans for today?" Mom points the camera at me. "Syd and I are gonna hang today" I say.

"Can I come?" Hayley asks. "No" I said. "Hayley, we'll just stay here Syd and Caleb are going on a date." She whispers to Hayley but loud enough for me and mom to hear. "Annie!" I laugh.

Wait, does Syd want this as a date? Should I ask her? Nah, I don't think this is a date. I looked at the time and it's 11:20 so I start walking to her house.

**Sydney's POV**

To Calebpoo😈
Okay, looking forward to it😘

I press send and put my phone down. I get in the shower and do what I have to do. I wore high waisted shorts, a blue crop top and my black converse. I let my hair down and applied mascara and lipgloss. I looked at the time and it's 11:25 so I head downstairs and wait for Caleb.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I said. "Hey Syd, you ready?" Caleb appears. "Yep, mom we're leaving!" I shout to mom in the kitchen. "Okay have fun." She says as we leave.

"You look cute today." Caleb compliments me, making me blush. "Thanks you too." I smiled. He intertwined our fingers and we walked together to the park. We sat on the grass and just talked. "Caleb?" "Hmm?" He looks at me. "Do you remember your promise to me when we were 8?" I asked. "Promise?" He asked. "Yeah, you promised me that when we grow up we're going to get married" I said looking down. "I never break promises." He lifts up my chin and pecks me on the cheek.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Caleb doesn't like Cassandra that way. Maybe they're really just friends. We were laying on the grass, with my head on Caleb's chest. I like listening to his heartbeat. Caleb and I hung out for the rest of the day. We ate ice cream, we climbed up a tree and carved our initials on it. Then it was time to go home. Caleb walked me home with his hand holding mine. I'm really lucky to have Caleb in my life. But does this mean we're dating? Maybe we are but we just haven't made it official.

"I had fun today Caleb, thank you." I smiled. "Anything for you Syd." He kisses me on the cheek and I watch him walk home.