Chapter 1: Rumors

(Nicky 👆👆)

(Nicky's p.o.v)

"Bloop!" the phone vibrated on the bathroom sink's counter top. I stopped brushing my black shoulder blade length hair in the mirror to answer the text. It was my best friend Jeremiah Silva. Jeremiah may be the finest man in Inglewood, maybe in all of L.A.

Jeremiah and I have known each other since grade school. Our dad's used to work together. Actually.....my dad, Jasper Davis, he was a drug lord. And he put Jeremiah's dad on; he got him into the game. And ever since I've laid my eyes on that structure of life, I fell in love. Madly. But he's always either been a hoe, had a girlfriend, been a hoe, just wanted to be friends, been a hoe, never seen the signs, or just flat out been a hoe!

I grabbed my stuff, meaning book bag, phone, purse, and my beret hat. I walked downstairs and out the door onto the sun blazed sidewalks of Inglewood. And there was the sangria colored Audi with tented windows rolled down, exposing that light caramel faced being. He got out of the car to open my door.

Jeremiah Déyvon Silva, crosses between Black and Brazilian. He's 6'5", muscular build. He has long brown hair that's usually worn in braids, a puffball, but rarely down. His hair is really long, if blow dried, it'd reach under his shoulder blades. He has really cute dark eyes, with big fluffy pink lips. And the absolute cutest smile I have ever seen.

Today, his hair was in a nice neat curly puffball, sitting on the back of his head. He was wearing an unbuttoned grey True Religion shirt with a white t-shirt under it, with grey cargo shorts and hightop original black and white Vans. I climbed in the car and he closed the door behind me before him getting in and starting the car. "What's for breakfast this a.m Nick' ?" he asks calling me by a shortened version of my name.

"Starbucks" I answer smiling at him.

"You got it,", he says licking his lips then speeding off. His phone started to ring and I grabbed it to see who it was.

"Who is it Nick' ?" he asked.

" Ugh- Journey," I answered swiping left on her ass.

"Ugh- fuck that hoe man. I'm glad you showed me who she really was best friend", he says now holding my hand interlocking our fingers. Things like this don't get me excited and hot how they used to because that's what we do; we harmlessly, heavily flirt with each other.                   

"That's what bestfriends are for. To show your dumbass where you're fucking up at," I smile, holding his hand back. 10 minutes later we arrived at Starbucks. I got my usual vanilla bean latte, and a blueberry scone. 20 minutes later we were parked parked in Lincoln High School's parking lot. He sipped on his orange juice then turned to me. "So Nicky, I can't make it to your game", he says. The drink I was sipping quickly went down as I went for rebuttal.

"Jeremiah - Why not?!?" I ask aggressively.

"Cause - I got some real important work", he says referring to a drug deal.

"Jeremiah! Volleyball season is over. This is for the last scholarship I can get!"

"I know - I'm sorry. I feel hella bad-" he says looking the other direction.

"Because you should!" I cut him off. I get out the car slamming the door behind me, making Jeremiah crawl out as well. He jogged over to me grabbing me by my arm. "Okay, okay, listen - I'll make it up to you later, but stop all the whining ma," he says holding me by the belt loops close to him.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes. I pull away and proceed to school.

School was school. English, calculus, lunch, then french and p.e. All my classes are either honors or AP, so I don't see Jeremiah in my classes, I see Malik, Cali and Sky.