Chapter 6: Denial

(Nate👆🏾) (Quincy👆🏾)

(Nicky's p.o.v)

I was sitting on a sofa in the hallway on the third floor, working on a paper on my laptop. Then my phone rang and I saw that it was my little brother Nathan. Nate is my little brother. He may act tough, but really he's a 5.0 scholar (AP student) and is the fastest thing in L.A. He's got scholarships looking at him for track even though he's only a freshman. He failed third grade but he was also put into school late due to mom and dad's non-communication issues.

"What's up Nate?" I answer.

"Nick'. Why you ain't come home yet? You straight trippin'. Man you know Quincy ain't mean none of-"

I cut him off. "What do you want Nate? I'm doing some work. You shouldn't even be calling me from school."

"What you gone do? Tell Que? Aw, okay. Anyway, I need a ride downtown tonight."

"And you can't just take an Uber why?"

"I mean...I was just tryna' see if you wanted to drive me. But if you don't want to, I mean that's cool too."

"Why would I want to drive you - Awwww my lil' bro missing me," I laugh.

"Girl! Calm down. It's not even that deep. So you gone take me or not?"

"Yea. Who all going with you?" I ask.

"Just me and Santiago," he says referring to his childhood best friend which had a crush on me since forever. Santiago's a sophomore like and has the same situation of Nate's, failing and supposed to be a junior and all.
Santiago's a little cutie but he's also a goofy.

"Alright. But I'm third wheeling. I might buy me a couple of things too." I smile.

"Bet."

And with that we both hang up.
I try to get back to my paper but Archie plops on the sofa next to me.

"Wassup Baby mama," he smiled.
I smile at him. He wraps his arm around me.
Archie is the one of the cutest. He's a dread head and one of Jeremiah's best friends meaning that he's one of Jeremiah's workers. Example being he's out on the corner slanging.
Archie Bishop is well known in Lincoln being that Archie is completely psycho. He will snap from at any given moment. There's rumors that he is actually bipolar and let me tell you, it's pretty easy to believe them. Archie also has the cutest daughter, Zoe. And he had her with the a girl named Tatiana. She's older than Archie, like Quincy's age, I consider her really beautiful. And even since then Archie as always been trying to get with me but not try at the same time. After the first time I said no, we just joke around.

"What you on? On yo school shit?" he smiles laying his head on my shoulder.

"Yes sir. Doing something that you should be doing," I say while typing.

"Dammnnn. Just because you waited til the last minute to do yours doesn't mean I didn't do mines. Underestimating me and shit." he laughs.
"Whatever." I say not in the mood.

"Damn. What's up yo ass ma? You cool?" he asks with a crooked face.

"I'm cool Arch-" I sigh. "Just a little PMS. Archie, go buy me a breakfast bar from the lunchroom."