Ocean

*Author's Note*

This chapter was inspired by the song 'Dream' by Priscilla Ahn. I would recommend you listen to it. 

Thanks x

I was bracing myself to feel the crinkly leaves of autumn, but instead I felt the silky smooth of sand. We were sat on a vast beach, completely abandoned, which I felt added to the beauty. Lloyd and I were perched on a low dune, pale strands of grass tickling my legs.

The ocean was loud and roaring and contrasted against the greying sky. The atmosphere tasted of salt and the threatening of rain. It suddenly dawned on me that Lloyd was sitting right next to me.

"Oh hi!" I blurted, removing my shoes.

He laughed and ran a hand through his sand-coloured hair. I noticed that he somehow had changed into a slightly more modern attire. Not exactly this century, but it was better than before. His hair too was less neat and left flopping just short of his sparkly blue eyes. He was changing somehow.

"Hi," said Lloyd grinning.

"So, have you remembered anything lately?" I said, strangely blushing as his eyes did not leave my face.

"Yes in fact. It's not much, but the girl that trapped me here is called Miriam. That's all I can remember. I'm afraid I might never remember my family or upbringing," said Lloyd, frowning.

"I'm sorry," I said, trying to stop the wind blasting my hair into my face.

"Nah, it's not your fault," he said, giving a light smile.

"Did you just say 'nah' ?" I asked, laughing.

"Might have done. I've been feeling peculiar lately, I woke up in different clothes and had a different hairstyle," said Lloyd, genuinely confused.

"As long as you don't turn into a horrible brute like the guys at school, I don't mind," I said, finally looking him in the eyes.

I looked away quickly, probably too quickly. Do I like Lloyd? Like 'like him' like him? Why couldn't I just look him in the eyes?

"Oh don't worry," he said, touching my chin so I would look at him, "I could never hurt you."

I was lost in his eyes for a brief few seconds, but then I turned away and folded my knees to my chest. He couldn't promise anything, whether he means to or not he could hurt me. 

"How can you be sure?" I said bravely.

"Because I feel like I know you. I know you don't need to be hurt anymore," said Lloyd.

I nodded and then took a deep breath and faced him. He was staring out to sea, and his eyes looked distant for a moment. The breeze tossed his hair around his face and made him look less 'last century', and more of an innocent teenage boy from my time.

"I should go," I said, even though I really didn't want to. I got up anyway.

"A few minutes. Please," he said, his eyes shining but somewhat sad.

"What's wrong Lloyd?" I asked, sitting back down opposite him.

"What am I doing with my life? What is my life? Where am I, like where the hell am I?" said Lloyd, facing me properly.

I noticed tears threatening to spill over and I felt a piece of my heart break. Well that answered that, I liked him.

"You're here with me Lloyd, and we're going to get you out of here," I said, rocking onto my knees and touching his shoulder lightly.

He nodded, but closed his eyes as his face scrunched up. The tears spilled out of his eyes and made slippery tracks down his cheeks. Lloyd didn't make a sound, and kept his lips tight together, but the tears came again and again like waves. Like the waves from the ocean.

"Oh Lloyd," I said, throwing my arms around him.

I jumped slightly as I felt his arms wrap around my back. He rested his head on my shoulder and I held him tight until his shoulders stopped shaking and the sobs eventually stopped.

"Together," he whispered in my ear.

"Together."