Touch

*Author's Note*

I'm sorry I keep recommending songs but I think that music helps understand characters. Sooooo.... this chapter is based on 'Even Robots Need Blankets' by Mayday Parade.

Thanks x

************************************************************************************************

My new alarm shouted that it was time to get up. Mondays. Ugh. I felt better I suppose, I had Lloyd whenever I needed him. It's what I always wanted, someone who would always be there for me. No matter what. Someone who would be scared to lose me. I got up and dressed as usual, but Dave took me to school. He hadn't officially moved in, but he spent most of his time here.

I was so relieved for Aunt Tanny's boyfriend to be so nice, I couldn't ask for anybody better than Dave. In the car in the mornings, he'd put the radio on and we'd sing to our heart's content. We pulled into the school drop off and he cheerily waved goodbye.

I bounced into school, feeling strangely uplifted. That was until I entered the library. Harper was there, on her own though. I tried my best to quietly find a quiet place, but in good view of other people. But Harper had better ideas and pulled me by the collar and into the store cupboard.

"Let me go," I hissed, but she put a hand over my mouth.

"Why do you carry that book everywhere you go?" said Harper, her eyes boring into mine.

"I... I... What book? Why?" I stuttered, my hand automatically shifting towards my bag.

"Oh my god you know what book," she huffed, tightening her grip.

"Why do you need to know?" I said, determined to put up at least a bit of a fight.

"Because I do okay," said Harper, her eyes darkening with irritation.

"No," I said, gritting my teeth.

Harper shoved me into a shelf, my head landing with a loud thwack on the solid wood. Her hands wrapped around my neck, gripping tighter and tighter. My lungs screamed as they tried to force air in and out of a grip like a vice. 

"Get off me," I mumbled, and kicked out.

My feet collided with her knees, knocking her to the floor. Her neatly pinned up hair, was splayed frantically around her face, which was red and furious. I scrambled up and attempted to get up, but Harper lunged at me, causing me to topple back onto the floor.

She pinned my arms behind my back, and went for my bag.

"No! Get off!" I yelled.

But Harper already had the book in her hands.

"You might have guessed, but yes I am the descendant of Miriam. And I must never let Lloyd out. So, I need to end this, get us into the space," said Harper, an evil grin spreading across her face.

"The space?" I said.

"Yeah, where Lloyd is. The dimension between life and afterlife," said Harper, as if it was common knowledge.

"And if I don't?" I said, getting up and trying to steady my breathing.

"Then I rip the book to shreds, and you'll never see lover boy again," said Harper, dangling the book before my eyes.

"Okay fine," I said.

Together.

I was on the edge of tears. Harper wanted to kill Lloyd in 'the space' or limbo - or whatever she wanted to kill Lloyd. 

Together.

Tears rolled down my face as I realised there was no hope for Lloyd. I was going to lose the one person I knew I definitely loved. Harper wrapped a hand around my wrist and grinned evilly. Tears poured from my eyes, choking me, blinding me. Lloyd's hand closed over mine, and all I could think was if it was the last time I would ever feel the touch of his skin upon mine.