Chapter 2

*Let's pretend that her mate looks like Kit Harrington*

Sometime during the night I woke up. I'm not sure what woke me but I immediately regretted it because all the pain I felt earlier came flooding back. Groaning, I stood and almost fell. With shaky legs I walked to the window to open it up and let a cool autumn breeze in. The pain was making my body hot. For a moment I looked at the stars past the bars but quickly turned away.

I stumbled into the connecting bathroom and started the water. I made it luke warm and sat on the edge of the tub waiting for it to fill up. I stared at the sink until the water had risen to the right level. Then I turned off the water and got in letting my muscles relax and the water soothe my abused holes. I cringed as the water turned slightly pink. So I did bleed. Leaning my head back against the edge of the tub I once more fell asleep.

Lucifer's POV

All I wanted to do was tear off Nick's head. I wasn't in the mood to listen to him tell me how my brother was amassing an army against me and time was running out. I finally growled letting him know to shut up which he quickly did . Unfortunately he started back up again. "I know this lead was a dead end-literally- but there is nothing to worry about. You are a strong and clever alpha, I know you will keep our pack safe." He tried to console me. But I didn't need consoling, I already knew these things.

"Open your mouth to speak one more time and I will break your jaw to the point it will never heal and you will be demoted from delta." I said irked by him and the whole situation. At that he nodded and really did stay quite.

I had come to this town following a lead that could help me know exactly what my brother was doing. I knew he was building an army but I didn't know were it was or when he was going to attack or how many people were in that army already. Fuck! I didn't even know how he was getting people to follow him. Even if he obtained the loyalty of wolves that had been cast out of their packs surely there still wouldn't be enough to overthrow me and take over my pack. But he was cunning and ruthless, prepared to do anything in order to become the most powerful werewolf in the world.

When we had gone to lead's house to gain the answers to my questions I discovered we were too late. The door barely hung from it's hinges and the place was a mess with broken furniture and papers scattered everywere. The place reeked of fear, blood, and my brother Kane. Nick and I both followed the scent as it got stronger amd more pungent which led us to a bedroom. The door and the bed were smashed to pieces and in the middle of all the rubble was a broken, bloody body. The skin had been torn off and lay in ragged strips around him. Chunks of muscle and shards of bone were also missing from this grotesque body that oozed blood. And above it, written in Phil Anderson's blood, try again brother.

Thinking about it made my blood boil, even though it had been a good four hours since then. I had decided to walk around to cool my head and think of another plan. And that is how I found myself wandering around town with my delta next to me and my beta, Dimitri, following us with the car.

Jamming my hands into my jacket pockets I started walking faster. I reached a corner and turned just as a cool breeze blew a sweet scent my way. I inhaled the smell of vanilla and cedarwood deeply, wanting to savor it. My wolf howled in my heard and I knew that today just got a million times better. The breeze stopped but I could still faintly smell it.

I rushed to follow the delicious aroma straight ahead for two block with Nick on my heals. Finally I stoped before an open window barred with a steel grate three stories up. I felt a growl rumble in my chest as my teeth elongated and grew sharp. I knew the smell to be my mate. The thought of her locked inside of this place especially when it reeked of sex fanned the flames of rage in my heart. My other half, my wolf Alexander, stuggled for control of my body and I gave it to him. I watched through his eyes as he ran inside, leaving Nick behind to create carnage.

There was a look of surprise and fear on the face of the woman sitting at the front desk as Alexander tore her head off letting the blood spatter back in our face. We smiled and continued throughout the building hunting out and killing every person we could find. I made sure to finish them quickly so they wouldn't scream and attract attention.

When they were all dead grim satisfaction warmed my bones. I fought my wolf for control of our body. I knew it would be better for our mate to meet me before him. He might hurt her but would absolutely or scare her more than me.

I followed her scent to her room. When I got there I howled in rage at the strong smell of sex in the air. I heard a splash come from the bathroom and quickly rushed in.

And there in a tub of pink water that revealed her bruised and beautiful body sat my mate with a dead look in her brown eyes. Her skin was the color of caramel and her long black hair floated around her breasts. She looked to be no more than 16.

As I stood in the doorway, breathing heavily and trying to calm down so I wouldn't hurt her, my mate smiled sadly and slowly rose. Water dripped sensually down her body. I could feel an erection pressing against my pants.

Her behavior confused me. She was a tiny, fagile human and standing before her covered in blood was a huge man that would most likely kill her. "She senses that we are her mate and won't harm her." Alex was pleased.

Our mate stepped out of the tub and walked slowly towards me. She stoped a foot away and looked up at us with those sad, dead eyes. "I'm ready to die. I don't care if it's quick or not." I close my eyes and clench my fists as my wolf howls loudly in my head demanding justice for the people that did this to her.

I open my eyes and she gaspes when she sees them. They must be red with the rageI feel as my wolf pushes for control. Perhaps she thinks I'm the devil now. She takes a step back and slips on the wet floor. I lunge forward to grab her before she falls. She struggles for a moment then goes limp, giving up. As I sweep her up in my arms bridal style. She looks up at me staring into my eyes, not saying a word. As I begin walking she closes them and I can see tears slip past her eyelids. I clutch her tightly and walk faster.

Allison's POV

When I saw him standing there I thought for sure he was going to kill me and end this horrible life. Instead he caught me in his arms and now he is taking me somewhere. I cry thinking of the possibility I dread, that he will lock me in his basement to torture and use as a sex slave. I will never be free. I wish I had never left home. I hope my parents don't miss me too much. I hope they are doing better without me.

Cold air suddenly chills my skin, a shiver runs down my spine engulfing my body. I hear a car door being opened. The man carrying me gets in, somehow without bumping me against anything. I hear the door slam shut and another door open and close. The car begins to move and I sit there in silence refusing to open my eyes. I can't help the sigh of relief as the heat is turned on. The man holding me was warm but it was it wasn't enough.

"Is she your mate?" I hear a voice say from the front. "Shut your face Nick." I both heard and felt the man holding me say. I was too tired to think about what they meant so I drifted into sleep instead.