Chapter 18

Allison's POV
I awoke to my mate kissing my tummy. I grumbled and swatted at his head in annoyance. He growled back at me and grabbed my wrist. Grumbling in pseudo annoyance I sat up only to be gently pushed back down.

"I want you to stay in bed and get more than enough rest. You must be careful in everything you do. We must keep our pups safe."

I closed my eyes and hummed happily through my smile. I loved him like this, all protective of my child and worried and sweet. Hmmm....In fact I loved getting pampered like this so I might as well take advantage.

I yawned and opened my eyes. Slowly I bit my lip while making eye contact. "Can you massage my feet," I asked sweetly. He grinned and kissed my forehead. "I would love to."

I sighed happily in pleasure, only slightly guilty, as I drifted into sleep.

Lucifer's POV

I slammed my fist into the wall next to me. This was successful but not enough. Before the were on the floor had died he said that Kane was closer than I thought which was about as useful as his dead was to me now. "I've had enough of this bullshit," I growled to no one in particular. I walked outside and breathed in the country air to rid my nostrils of the scent of blood and death. Without telling the others with me I morphed into a wolf and ran home. This wasn't the first time. I relished in the feeling of the wind tugging my fur as I ran. One day I wanted my mate to ride on my back like this and enjoy it too.

It wasn't long before I was home and opening the door to my room. Quickly I morphed back into a human. I found my little mate jumping on the bed of all things. I grinned before telling her to stop before she fell. She looked at me grumpily before sitting down at the edge. I walked over and knelt between her knees. Flipping up her skirt, I was delighted to see she wasn't wearing anything underneath. I spread her legs wider and pushed my tongue into her folds. Her pregnancy gave her a more noticeable sweetness. She moaned and laid back on the bed. With both hands I held open her sweet pussy lips and licked her up and down. Her legs were like a vise intent on closing around my head. My fingers dug into her thighs as I increased the intensity, swirling my tongue and gently nibbling her tender flesh. I lapped at the juices gushing from her. With a smirk I delicately bit down on her clit drawing a soft moan from her lips. She tensed and curled her toes as an orgasm rippled through her body.

Having arrived naked from running here I didn't have to waste time undressing. I stood and eased the head of my cock into her slick entrance. She looked up at me begging me to continue with her eyes. A smile touched my lips before thrusting all the way in. She moaned in surprise and pleasure. I grabbed the backs of her knees and pulled them up to get a better angle. I pushed her thighs as far back towards her as they would go before pulling almost all the way out and thrusting in. I started off thrusting long and slow until I couldn't control myself anymore. I pumped in and out of her little pussy as though my life depended on it. I growled and gripped her tighter as I felt myself about to cum. With one last powerful thrust I coated her insides with my cum. My body recognized that my mate was already pregnant so the knot didn't form but Aly was too high on pleasure to register that just yet.

I let go of her and maneuvered her into a more comfortable position on the bed. I snuggled up next to her and it wasn't long before I fell asleep too.

I awoke  to my mate biting my neck, it wasn't enough to hurt but it did get my attention. I growled in pleasure before opening my eyes to her mischievous grin. "I miss you," she pouted. "I'm right here little one," I said sleepily. Her face turned serious. "I miss you when you're gone. Sometimes...sometimes I just feel so lonely I cry. I know it's stupid and probably because I'm pregnant and hormonal but I hate it when you're gone. I hate how you leave for days at a time because sometimes I have awful thoughts that you're with someone else. I miss you because I'm afraid that every minute I spend with you might be my last before you go off and do whatever it is that you do."

My heart aches and my Wolf howled at how we had hurt her. "I'm so sorry little one I'm just trying to keep you safe," I said regretfully. "Safe from what? How? What do you do when your gone?" She questioned with a sad, concerned look in her eyes. I sighed knowing I couldn't keep it from her anymore.

I sighed deeply, it was time to explain the situation to her. "My brother, Kane, is trying to take my place as alpha of this pack. He's been creating an army but I don't exactly know how or where. There are defectors though, people who were once apart of his army and managed to escape. But he never lets them stay free for long. Every time I track one down they're either dead or dying. The most I've gotten out of any of them is that Kane is behind me. I don't know if that means he's somewhere in the east, catching up to me somehow, close to openly attacking me, or if the man was just crazy. And now that I have you the stakes are higher. I can't let anything happen to you or our pup."

I was shocked at how easy it was to unburden myself on my mate and at how much pain and fear I felt at that moment. She reached out and caressed my cheek. "You'll protect us. I'm sure of it. Even if they're in the mountain like angry ants you'll find a way to keep us all safe." She said softly but firmly. I smiled and pulled her against me.