Chapter 14

Lucifer's POV

As soon as I left the room I made my way to the war room. Dimitri, my beta, Nick, my delta, as well as various other high command warriors were gathered in the room tensely waiting for my arrival. When I entered we immediately launched into discussing fortifications, battle strategies, precautions, and back up plans.

I was in the middle of yelling at Nick once again when Akira mindlinked me. My Alpha, the Luna wants to go to the dungeons. She...she said that he wants to see how much of a monster you are. I was about to forbid her from letting my Angel near that place but stopped myself. Perhaps it is time to for her to see how horrible I am. Let her see how powerful her mate is. Let her see what we are capable of and how far we will go to protect her. Let her see how we punish those that would harm our mate! Alex growled in my mind.

With my mind made up I linked Akira. Let her go down into the dungeon but I am warning you, if she gets hurt I will put you down there and there will be nothing my mate could say or do to change my mind. Without hesitation Akira responded. Yes Alpha.

Allison's POV

Akira's eyes stared at me blankly for several seconds before ahe focsed on my face again. She looked grim yet relieved. "I will take you there right away my Luna." She said before walking away. I followed in surprise.

"Really...you're really going to take me there?"

"Yes my Luna." Came her curt reply.

I forgot the way there, I was too busy trying to keep up with her. Suddenly she stopped in front of a grey door with two male guards dressed in black on either side. They both made sure not to look at me. Without anyone saying a word the one on the right turned around and faced the center of the door. He put his hand in front of him and then, I think, it looked like he was maybe pressing buttons on a keypad. There was the sound of a faint click and then the door slid up.

Worldlessly Akira led me through the damp, dimly lit stone hallway. About a minute later we started walking down stone stairs. The walls widened out and the lights got brighter but a foul stench wafted up from below. We reached a wooden door that swung open automatically. As I walked through I realized that the guard to the left had opened it for us. Once I entered the threshold he closed it behind me.

The horrible smell intensified and Akira stood tensely to the right of me. A long well lit hallway stretched before me with cells on either side comprised completely of metal bars close enough to prevent anyone from sticking their hand through, well except for me because I was so small and skinny.

As I began walking forward Akira followed behind me for once. The cells I passed were empty but as I went further into the dungeon I began to hear moans and rattling chains. The sounds grew louder amd louder with each step.

At the end of the hall I saw a shadowy figure hanging from chains in the last cell on the right. I stepped closer in curiosity and disgust. "It's you!" I gasped in surprise. It was the man that had looked at me, the man that I thought I had protected from Lucifer.

His body was covered in both fresh and dried blood. Cuts, bruised, welts, and burn marks littered his body. I could barely make out the rise and fall of his chest.

"Akira we have to get him out of here."

"I cannot, we cannot my Luna."

"But I'm your Luna, you have to do what I say!"

"Not this time."

I searched for a way to open the cell but couldn't find one. I gripped the bars and sobbed.

"Please at least help me get in." I begged.

"I cannot do that either my Luna." Akira answered tonelessly.

"He's a heartless monster. I hate him. How could I ever love someone like him."

"You will learn."

My head snapped up and I looked in the direction of the voice. Standing there calmly and regally in a black suit matched by his black eyes was the devil himself. I noticed Akira slowly back away and leave.

"You! You did this."

"Yes I did."

"He didn't deserve this. All he did was look at me."

"Perhaps I would have attacked him until he was on the brink of death but you wanted him alive. You protected him. My mate should not care about the lives of other males."

"No. No this isn't my fault. It can't be, it doesn't matter if he is male or female. I didn't want you to hurt anyone. I stopped you from punishing Akira and the pup as well. Oh god please tell me you didn't torture the pup as well. Please."

"The pup was reprimanded appropriately by her parents. Now come mate, there is more for you to see."

"No I don't want to see any more please."

"It was not a request."

He grabbed my wrist and in his iron grip and began to drag me to the right, further into the dungeon.