Chapter 19

Allison's POV
Today Lucy was spending the day pampering me. After I told him I missed him he took me around the compound to meet the others and probably to show me off. My favorite part was seeing the children. Some of them were in human form but most of them were wolf puppies. He let me stay with them the rest of the day while he went off to save the pack and all that other heroic stuff.

Lucifer POV
Pacing was beginning to become a bad habit of mine. I was only halfway paying attention to someone talking in the back ground. The rest of my mind was focused on my beautiful mate. All I wanted was her safety. A deep fear had settled into my heart that I wouldn't be able to protect her from Kane. But she was so sweet and confident in me it almost hurt.

My mind began drifting to all of the beautiful moments we had together...mundane conversations that I cherished with all my heart, the occasional walks, the day I found out she was pregnant, standing outside with her in my arms facing the...mountain! I slammed my fist on the table startling everyone. "I know where they are! Assemble out army" The youngest wolf in the room slipped out to follow my orders while everyone's curious and confused eyes turned to me.

"The last wolf we questioned said that Kane was behind us and he actually meant it. He and his army are in the mountain behind us. There are several small tunnels in it that we used to explore when we were younger so there must be more."

I felt agitated now. Full of energy and bloodlust with nothing in front of me to rip to shreds. "Assemble the warriors and for fucks sake get Celeste in here in an hour."

I didn't wait for them to answer I simply stormed out of the room straight to my mate. I slammed open the door but my good mood quickly deteriorated when I saw her laying on her side sobbing loudly. She quieted down as much as she could and vigorously wiped the tears from her eyes but they kept coming.
In a rush I went to her and squeezed her to my chest. "I'm right here little one. It's all going to be over soon. I promise with all of my heart," I soothed.

Slowly, slowly the tears stopped but the hiccups remained. I rubbed her back and nuzzled her head against my chest until those, too, went away. " I came here to tell you that it's almost over. Just give me one more week then everything will be ok."

She looked up at me with watery eyes full of hope and trust. "You promise?" I smiled and nodded my head. "I promise."

***

I was sitting in the war room trying to come up with the best way to win this battle and multiple back up plans when Celeste walked in. She was tall, almost as tall as me. Her skin was pale like ivory and milk with lean muscles quite visible beneath. Cold, blue eyes warily took in her surroundings everywhere she went and her fine, strawberry blonde hair sat in two braids coiled around her head. Celeste could fight well enough but her true strength was in stealth. She was light on her feet and moved with the shadows but most importantly she was born without a scent. It was seen as a curse in our culture because her mate would not know her by her scent. But because of it she was one of my most useful pack members. For a time, before my kitten, I had considered taking her as my mate.

She stopped a few feet in front of me and bowed her head, tilting it to the side to reveal her neck in submission. "What you are about to do may be the difference between victory and loss so listen carefully and don't fuck up."