Chapter Seven: A Message from El

The four boys had begun to formulate plans as to how they would save Eleven from the upside down. 
"We need weapons." Lucas said
"Eleven was our weapon" Dustin said with a sigh
"Besides," Mike chimed in "Will said all the portals are closed." They looked over to the jittery Will. He didn't like all this talk about the upside down, it brought back horrible memories. Memories he had spent months forgetting.
"Will?" Mike asked, his words bringing the boy out of his own head and back to the real world.
"Sorry. Just got caught up in some bad memories." Will replied, "Yeah, the porta...." Will trailed off as he heard the faint sound of sobbing. His ears had become trained to notice the quietest of sounds from when he hid from the demogorgon.
"Will?" Mike asked, gesturing for the boy to continue on
"Shhhh!" Will said, effectively quieting the boys. They looked at Will in confusion. Then they heard what he was hearing.
"Who the hell is cryi..." Lucas asked being cut off immediately by Mike
"Eleven." Will was already trailing the sound of the noise. He found Mike's walkie-talkie in the pile of blankets and pillows that was once El's bed. Will brought the device back to their table and sat down, placing it in the middle.
The four listened to the cries of Eleven. They sounded hopeless, as if she had given up.
Mike
They heard the girl say quietly as she sobbed. They turned to him.
I'm so sorry Mike
Mike felt tears well up in his eyes
I miss you. I miss Dustin. I miss Lucas.
The other three began to cry as well.
Safe now.  Will is safe.
Will wanted to believe that more than anything, but he knew it wasn't true.
They heard her sobs stop. They heard breathing.
"Oh no. " Will said, sounding scared. "The demogorgon. "
They heard it attack her, and then they heard her scream. Her scream was so loud, and so filled with pain.
"El.." Mike whispered, scared "Oh god, please no."
And then the scream stopped, the sounds on the walkie-talkie nothing but static.
Will stood up.
"Get your bikes." They looked at him, and he could see how much pain this brought them, especially Mike. "We're going to the library." Will said, headed towards the door. 
The boys didn't understand what he was doing, but went along with it anyways. Will usually knew what he was doing.