Chapter Twenty Six: Mom

A/N: A chapter which shall be shorter than the short chapters I already post

"I'm...I'm sorry Mom. I'm so sorry." Mike said to his mother, as they sat across from each other at the kitchen table. He had told her he needed to talk to her about something important. Nancy was next to him. There for moral support, and to interject her proof as needed.

"Mike, why are you sorry? What's going on?" Mrs. Wheeler asked with concern

"Do you remember after the accident when all of us had to go to the hospital?" she nodded. "Mrs. Byers explained the whole situation to you." she nodded again "Do you remember the name we gave the monster?"

She thought for a moment. "The demogorgon?"

"Right." Mike thought about how to go about saying this to his mother. He decided to just get to the point. "When I went in to go rescue Eleven, the demogorgon bit my leg. It injected its venom into me, and I'm becoming one." the look on her face made him begin to think that maybe short and sweet hadn't been the best idea. Mrs. Wheeler looked over at Nancy.

"Is...is this true?" she asked, her voice shaking.

"I'm sorry" Nancy said softly, looking down, "It's true."

"I'll just...I'm getting Eleven from the hospital." and with that, she ran out the door, careful not to let them see her cry.