Chapter 10

I came out from under cover first. Going into hypermode, I rushed Monstrosity and slammed him in the side. Sound didn't work, so I couldn't tell if I did any internal damage or not.

I came back around for another go and punched him in his snout. His face recoiled a little, but the force of the impact wouldn't show until I went back to normal time.

I hit him in different areas, hoping to make him crumble apart before I stopped. I pulled on his tail, but even that didn't do too much. The outer metal of his body was nearly impenetrable.

I hid behind the rock I popped out from and went back to normal time.

All of my hits took effect at once. The metal dented and compressed where I punched him, and his snout snapped off where I hit him the first time. His tail fell off, too.

The girl with electric powers took the chance to shoot lightning at the beast. She dove from behind cover to get her shots off.

"Get back here!" I shouted.

She ignored me and aimed her hands toward Monstrosity. Her lightning sprang to action and flitted over his body, again attracted to the metal.

Monstrosity turned to her. He roared and swiped his newly reattached tail across her body.

She flew back and was slammed hard, ironically, against the rock that she had come out from.

Monstrosity took a step forward, intending to step on the girl.

I wasn't going to let that happen.

I ran under his clawed foot just as he was bringing it down and grabbed it. I pushed faints the force of his weight, trying to knock him off balance.

I heard gears begin to shift again, and he pushed down on harder. I felt every muscle in my arms strain to keep him away. But he was gaining ground now.

Why weren't the others doing anything? They wanted to help, but they were too scared to seriously do something?

I aimed my hands outward while pushing up and fired vibrations into Monstrosity's foot. It trembled, then fell apart into pieces.

Monstrosity was off balance, but he was going to fall in the wrong direction- towards us. I grabbed the lightning girl and took her away in time to miss being landed on by him.

I rested her gently on the ground, then looked angrily at the others. That is, until I realized why they weren't fighting Monstrosotity.

They had their own battles to fight. People started appearing out of the trees and attacking the rest of the group. And they far outnumbered our people ten to one.

I turned around in time to get slapped across the face by Mostrosity's tail. It was a glancing blow, but enough to make me fall.

He roared again, as if begging me to give him attention.

I got up and started running around him, creating a vortex. He was lifted off the ground, his claws scrabbling to get a hold on the empty air.

"Bye, bye dinosaur." I let the vortex dissipate, and he hurtled down to the ground again.

Before he could regenerate, I utilized my superspeed and superstrength to snap off his tail and his head and throw them in opposite directions. Then, I did the same with his legs and arms, breaking them off and sending them far from each other.

Now that he was handled, I could help the others.

I was surprised by the sight that was laid out before me.