Coffee

(Youngjae)
I ran through the doors of the small coffee shop, almost falling before finally coming to halt. Glancing at the clock I let out a sigh of relief, I wasn't late. My alarm hadn't gone off and I'd woke up thirty minutes later than I usually do. After taking my spot behind the counter I began preparing for the day. It was fairly early so the shop was empty but rush hour for us would start in about ten minutes. My co-woker was also my best friend, Mark. Glancing up I noticed a customer coming through the doors, before stopping and staring at our menu. After a second he approached the counter and said "one small black coffee, no cream and no sugar." My smile faltered as I remembered the last time I'd heard that order.
It'd been three years ago, I'd just started working at the coffee shop. A boy about my age had come up to the counter "hi, what can I get for you?" I'd politely asked, he smiled "I'll have a small black coffee, no sugar and no cream." "Really? No sugar or cream?" I'd asked is disbelief "yep, no sugar or cream. Youngjae" I'd felt heat rise to my cheeks at the sound of my name "that'll be $1.25" "how much more would it cost me to get your phone number sunshine?" To say i was flustered was an understatement. Quickly scribbling my number onto his recite I'd mumbled "nothing, except your name." He'd smirked before saying "jaebum. But you can call me whatever you'd like" after handing him his coffee I watched him take a seat near the window. Due to the lack of customers I'd stared at him for a long time, admiring how beautiful he'd looked in the early morning light. Before leaving he'd approached the counter again "youngjae? Can u do me a favor?" I'd nodded my head slowly before meeting his piercing gaze "can you have breakfast with me? I know you are working but it'll be quick" I thought a moment before saying "wait one second, bummie." Mark had been cleaning a table when I'd run towards him "mark! Please do me a huge favor!" He'd gave a small smike before saying "what is it jae?"   "This really hot guy wants me to eat breakfast with him and I'm the only one behind the counter, it'll be a quick break, I promise" sighing he'd nodded "thank you!" I'd squealed before running back to the counter "okay, just this one time. What would you like to eat?" Jaebum had thought a moment before replying "how about blueberry muffins? Sound good to you?" I nodded before getting two blueberry muffins and setting them on the trey "will that be all?" "Yeah" "thatll be $2.50" he'd handed me the money and headed for the table. Quickly I'd followed, "why did you want to eat with me?" Id asked "well I wanted to get to know you better sunshine" I'd blushed. Quickly I'd grabbed a muffin and began eating "sunshine, how old are you?" "17" I'd mumbled he'd grinned "I'm 18" "are u single?" I'd choked a little before quietly saying yes. "I can change that sunshine." I'd never been approached in a romantic way before, most people found the fact I was gay disgusting. "Youngjae! Breaks over" mark yelled "well I guess I should get going, thank you." I'd said before standing and heading toward the counter "see you later sunshine" was the mast thing he'd said.
I was brought out of my memories by an irritated customer waving her hand in my face "hello? Can I get my order?" I smiled sheepishly "of course I'm sorry." As rush hour died down mark and I began to relax after a hectic hour. "Jae, you okay? You seem off." "Yeah I'm just tired" I heard him sigh before he forced me to face him "we both know that's not the problem, come you can tell me." "Its just, someone ordered his order mark, and I couldn't help but remember that day, why does it still have to hurt?" I mumbled while fighting back tears "I'm sorry jae, I wish I'd be able to protect you better. Let's close up early and go watch a movie." I nodded before heading in the back, mark was always there for me, always. "Youngjae if we hurry we can make the next showing of big hero 6" I smiled, he knew me to well "okay coming" walking hand and hand we made our way to the movie, it'd been three whole years and yet the smallest reminder sets me off.