1.His one & only Love

All rights reserved by TupTake

He ran through the forest as fast as he could. He grabbed on to her scent and he was never planning to let go. He felt so free, so alive, as he chased after the one he would love for the rest of his life. His heart was set on finding her.

He basked in her wonderful scent of pine and mint. But the scent of fear on her made him worried and made him aware that something off. He put his snout up in the air, taking a big breath. The smells of the forest were the most prominent. Then, her's.

He pushed his legs harder. His nails elongated, digging into the topsoil, which accelerated his speed. The familiar ache of overuses washed over Coda but, the thought of reaching his mate kept him going. He pushed and pushed until he could go no faster.

Why would she be scared of her mate? The one she supposed to love and cherish for the rest of her life? The one that only comes once. Did she fear rejection? Because I feel the same way. No matter what I would never reject my one and only mate. He thought as he dashed through the forest.

She was fast but, he was faster. He would soon catch up to her. Something tells him she doesn't want him to find her but, that was not going to stop him. His fur grey-white hair flowed in the wind as he reached a lake. His sharp ears picked up the rushing of the water that was falling down the falls just on the other side of the lake. He could hear the birds chirping, the other animals scurrying away from him out of pure terror and the sound of the deer shifters trying to find him.

He jumped into the lake trying to mask his scent a little. The water was cold but he was running for a while now and it felt good on his sweat-drenched tongue. He stayed there for a bit looking at the beautiful scenery and his mind only on his mate. He pushed himself out of the water before the deer shifters found him.

He panicked as he lost her scent for a second before picking it back up. She had been in the exact spot he was standing right now. That made his heart skip a beat and the hairs on the back of his neck dance. As he turned back on to her trail. This time more to the right, to avoid the shifters.

He felt the dirt and pine needles under his paws and gripped the earth with such force he felt like he was flying every time he's paws touched the ground. He howled and yipped excitement.

He didn't care that he suddenly left his pack or that now he was probably scaring all of the pray away when they were only just beginning there hunt. He did care that he was now in deer shifter territory. He only cared about her.

'Please stop running!' He howled out to her. Begging her to stop and come face to face with him. To show her he meant no harm and that he would protect her from whatever was scaring her so much. But, to no a vale. At this time he was hot on her tail and being so close made him want her more.

She quickly darted left causing him to fall behind. Darn! She's agile. He continued to chase her until he could feel that she was getting tired, just as he was. That made him quickly catch up.

By this time she clasped on the ground, with a huff. Her scene mixed with the dust that was flying in the air from when she fell. She was just too far to see.

He walked up to her. His tongue lolled out to the side. The sides of his mouth pulled up to a smile. With hope for there future and the pack.

No! She's deer shifter!

Hi, guys, I hoped you like my first chapter of A Wolf & His Deer. Please leave comments and Please tell me of any spelling and/ or grammar errors. But I ask that you don't put any of my stuff on any other sites and that I own the rights to this story and all its content.

Thanks a lot.

TupTake