21.Hurd

Copyrighted by Tuptake

Kadan had not slept in a month and he didn't really care about sleep right now. He would not sleep until his love was found. 

He had everyone working to find her and even call some of the best trackers he knows from other hurds. No one could tell him where Emma's call came from or how he acquired the phone number. All they could tell him was what he already knew, that one day he came into his office and found a pink sticky note with a phone number on it. He was suspicious were it came from but was more curious who's number it was and called it, only to talk to a boy. 

As the day goes bye Kaden could feel her worry, sadness, her happiness. It pained him and sometimes brought him to tears. It confused him, all of the emotions she goes through in a day and him not knowing what she is going through makes it ten times worst. Why is she sad? did she get hurt? Is she lonely? Missing him or with someone else? 

Sometimes when the lack of sleep gets to him, he can see her sitting on one of the chairs in his office giggling about something he said in anger or looking out the window-like wall distracted from the book she is holding. 

She never like him swearing so he made up strange words for replacements. But, ever since she left he could not stop swearing. His anger was always getting the best of him. He would punch holes in the walls or yell at his herd members. 

Memories of her are always in his head. Like in the morning she would bring him black coffee and she would drink tea, half almond milk, and half black tea. She would aways waddle to the couch staring at him. He would laugh at her tiredness. But, she would stay cause she didn't like sleeping alone so she would sleep in his office in the mornings, while her tea sat at the coffee table getting cold.

Her face would soften and her eyes would slowly shut as she watches him, to make sure he would not leave. Then when she did fall asleep she would make small snoring noises. Some mornings she would roll off the couch and that's why a day before she disappeared he ordered a larger one for her to sleep on. But, the second it came he ended up destroying it out of anger. 

Like the couch, the herd house was also a disaster. One day the maids would clean up a large mess only to turn around to find another one and now the teens are picking up a destructive behaver and have started to break things as well.

If Emma was here Kaden would have never let this happen but he has been to busy trying to find her to really care what happens to the house. Once he finds her he will fix up the house and build them a home away from the craziness of being alpha. 

Making him think what happen to her? Did she find her mate? He did not like the sound of her falling for another. The bond he made with her was true and should never be broken. 

Kadan gripped the edge of his chair. He had already broken the armrest this morning.

 He could not think that Emma would just run away. She had to have a reason for leaving him. He gave her everything she could ever want.   

Suddenly his phone rang. He rushed to grab the phone and bring it up to his ear. 

"Hello?" He questioned hoping it was Emma again. 

"Alpha! It's me, Caleb." Kaden had has heard from Caleb since the day Emma left. 

"Caleb! Do you have Emma with you? Is she ok? Where are you?" Kadan questioned as he stood up from his chair causing it to fall to the ground. He gripped the phone tightly and his body was tensed up. 

"No, I don't have her with me. She disappeared yesterday. She was captured by a wolf. He took her back to his rouge pack and I followed them, but they caught me. Alpha I have bad news." Kaden rigged body went even more tenses. "Emma found her mate and he is a wolf shifter."