31. How could you?

Copyrighted by Tuptake

Coda growled loudly at Caleb as they circled each other. He flashed his teeth at the buck. Coda was glad that Jack was able to get Emma out of the house. These past day have been painful with out her and to know she is now being safely lead out of the territory by someone who he trust. He need to praise him for his good job. 

By this time the buck sees that the young boy and Emma is gone. Coda could see the flash of panic in his eyes as his eye darted to the stairs. As they rounded again the buck darted to the stairs. Coda didn't take a second before bounding down the stairs after the beast. The deer had jumped out the window and he follow. 

The buck followed Emma's and Jack's scent but didn't get too far. Coda had jumped on his back trying to slow him down and giving Emma more time to get away. The buck groaned at his claws dig deep in his back hips. 

Both took a tumble down a small hill that led them closer to the fight. Branches reached out making small cuts on both deer and wolf. Blood was everywhere and the smell was so strong in the air it almost made Coda gag. It was not a pretty sight and if a human were to walk by they would know something was up. Wolves and deer fighting was not a natural occurrence in the forest. 

Coda bit at Caleb's hind leg that where he kick in all directions. They were both bleeding from the small cuts they got on the way down the hill. When Kaden finally got Coda off his back, he dashed away into the war zone.

Trying to follow his scent Coda chased after him. He thought the buck was a coward to leave their fight and try to escape. As he was looking for the deer he saw Zack was taking on two deers.

 One being Caleb. Coda quickly ran over to help his cousin fight for his life. The second Coda got close enough to do anything he grabbed Caleb's almost healed leg and reopened the gash. He cried at the pain and feel to the ground. He whined and tried to scramble back to his feet. But, Coda didn't let that happen. He kept him on the ground by biting his other leg. With a whine he stopped trying to get up but, still fought back. As Coda jumped on the buck's body to go for the jugular Caleb had enough time to turn his head and hit Coda in the side. He groaned and his body was pushed off Caleb's. 

Zack had just finished other buck and saw Coda struggling. While Caleb was distracted by Coda and Zack ran up and grabbed him by the neck finishing him. Caleb's body when slack as Zack tighten his grip to make sure he was dead. 

Coda got up and whimpered. He had a large gash on the side of his body that was now bleeding. Zack ran up and gently licked the wound. 

Coda groaned in pain. It hurt so bad that he thought he was going to pass out. But, he kept his mind focused on getting Kaden and killing him. Slowly he got his body up and started running in one direction that he thought that he might be. 

A few bucks chased him but, gave up after a few minutes. Then, he found him. He was in a field with soft green grass. The only thing that didn't pass Coda's height was a tree that had disturbed dirt at the bottom. Emma scent was strong here. As well as the fox boy and Zane's. But, They were no longer here. 

Coda growled loudly. Kaden turned his head to look at Coda. He dashed off back to his territory. Coda knew he had won. He had got Emma away from Kaden and it is almost impossible to get her back.

 However, Coda wanted more. He wanted to ensure Emma safety and went back after Kaden. He didn't get far before Coda had jumped him bring him down. He bit into his leg to stop him from getting any farther. 

Coda circled Kaden for a while before all his pent up anger came out. He ran straight for his neck. But, before he got him a girl jumped in front of him. Coda bit into her stomach before he knew what was happening. 

When he did he growled before howling as a signal for everyone to leave.  Coda ran off. Not soon other howl responded to his. They all headed back to their camp. 

Song name: For lsland fires and family by Dermot Kennedy

Like 

Comment 

Share