20. Gone

All right reserved by TupTake

Nether Coda or Emma realized the car stopped until Jordan pulled open his door. The thought of the other man in his mind was unbearable. All he could think was did she love him more? Was she just playing with him? Will she leave Coda for her other lover? What had they done with each other? All of these questions filled Coda's head as sat, staring at Emma, who had tears streaming down her face. 

Through his bond with Emma he could feel that she was upset and regretted what she had done, but, she still felt more than just a friendship with Kaden. That she felt the same way with him as she did Coda. He yanked himself out of the truck. Crying was something that he was not going to let Emma have the satisfaction of seeing. 

 He stayed silent as he left for his tent. The felt like it took forever. Every step he took made him break little by little. He only had to stay strong until he made it to his tent. Only five more steps. But before he could make it the first tear fell. 

the first thing he did when he got into the tent was laid on the ground on his stomach. His Father enters and ruffled his hair as he cried non-stop. Coda hid his face from the world, intern hiding from everyone. 

He knew something was wrong. He could feel it. How could he be so stupid to fall for a liar, a cheat?

A dropping pain hit him in strong waves. Hands in a fist, eyes clenched. The cold dampness from his tears burning him as they fell. 

 Outside Jasper help Emma out of the car. She was crying hysterically, begging Jasper to let her see Coda. But Jasper knew better. 

She gripped his shirt and clawed at his back. Yelling. 

"I need to explain. I need to explain!"

All of the noise didn't help Coda's pain and only put the whole camp on high alert. The young children left for their parents and some of the teens come out to see what the fuss was all about. 

 "He is broken right know Emma. Your actions have consequences and right now he needs space."

Emma knew he was right but that didn't stop the pain in her chest or the pain that was flowing through the mate bond. Even Kaden could feel the power of her sadness and started pushing at the wall she had put up. She could feel him beg her to let him in. She could feel how scared he was for her. No amount of pain could be worst then was she felt. She thought that having a mate was suppose to make her happy and not rotten about her past. But her past was still her present and she needed to fix it now.

Emma truly loved both Kadan and Coda. But she knew that Kadan had forcefully made this bond and Coda was her true mate. Pain pulled at her chest. But she knew that she had to end it.

She yanked her arm out of Jasper grip. She started to the forest where her heart was tugging her. Where the mate bond with Kadan was the strongest. It pulled her towards him like a gentle tug at her hand. Tears still ran down her face and anger was starting to replace the sadness. 

"Hey, where are you going?" Jasper questioned. Emma didn't answer hoping he would just leave her. But he trailed behind her like a lost puppy. Not talking or questioning her anymore. Emma ignored him and just followed the pull. Jasper still in his suit looked out of place walking beside the small girl that was wearing a now torn up summer dress that she had gotten from Coda's mom. She knew it would take a few days to get to Kadan and was willing to walk non-stop for Coda and to stop the mate bond.

Her cheeks were stained with tears, her eyes were puffy and a headache started at the front of her head. She wiped the leftover tears away and tried to not think about how much pain Coda must be in. She just listened to her and Jasper footsteps and the singing frogs. She started to wonder about her mom and dad and what they were like. She knew they had died but she could not stop thinking about if they didn't die. They would be a family and she would not be in this mess. Caleb would still have his mate and he would be happy. 

The pain began in her chest but this time she welcomes it. Choosing to feel the pain. She waddled in self-pity making her way through the thick forest. 

Dirt collected on her feet making the blunt blows from protruding rocks and sticks, less painful. Some tree branches reached out and scratched her face or cut her arm. Even at times getting tangled in her mess of hair. 

After three hours of walking her feet could no longer move and it was fully dark. She could not see anything so she sat down beside a tree. The roughness on her back was uncomfortable and the cold started to bit at her fingers. Jasper soon joined her after he took off his jacket and offered it to the small shivering girl. Emma refuses and left it beside her, feeling like she didn't deserve warmth.

"You know, when I was younger I also fell in love with another. Granted I did not make a bond with her but I could still feel her pain when a told her when I had found my mate." Emma could hear the smile in his voice. She could tell that he was now lying on his back.

 "She was pretty but back then I thought she was the most elegant thing I had ever seen. I never left her side and always help her with anything she needed as a mate would. We were even planning on having kids soon. Though we were young and foolish. I started to give up hope in my mate and put my hope in this girl." He said swinging his arms around at the sky.

 "She was a nice girl though. But when I found my mate I didn't care about the other. It might sound mean but she didn't matter. I still had to break up with her and she was hurt but she understood why I did it, but even if she didn't forgive me I still had my mate that I knew would still care for me even if my ex-lover hated me." Jasper sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He was getting off topic. 

 "What I'm saying is, holding on to this other guy is hurting you, him and Coda. After everything is over Coda will still love you. No matter what this other guy does and no matter what he meant to you. He may be hurt right now, he will never give up on you." Emma smiled at that. She loved him and she knew that he would never give up on her but, just disappointing him hurts. 

"This other guy might seem like your whole world but he will find his mate and be in the same spot you are in right now. No matter what he promised you he will break it like you are with Coda. You might think that the bond with you and Coda is forced upon him and this one with the other guy is more genuine but this guy made your life hard and whatever you chose, know that if he truly loves you they will let you go. Whether that is Coda or this other guy." Jasper finished. 

Tears pricked at Emma's eyes. Her chest throbbed in pain as Jasper's words made clear to her. No matter what happened between Emma and Kaden, he will always love her. Emma loves Coda dearly and doesn't want to let him go. That means letting go of Kaden. 

Emma took the jacket that rested beside her and wrapped it around her body. Trying to keep warm as she laid down on the pine needles and moist dirt. 

"Well try to get some sleep, ok hun," Jasper said and he slowly drifted off. But Emma knew she would not be able to sleep.

Hello, I'm back! 

I know I said that I would be back last week but I didn't post. So I'm hoping to post twice this week. 

Lol and when I read this part all I wanted to do was: "He is broken right know Emma. Your actions have consequences (insert meme now)and right now he needs space."  But I didn't want to ruin the moment