32. My Mate

Copyrighted by TupTake

Kaden laid there in agony as he watched the wolf's teeth piers her skin. He made a deep bite at the side of her neck and held for a few seconds before recoiling back. The small girl fell in a heap onto the ground. She looked as if she could just fade away any second.

Nothing happened for a few minutes. The wolf stood there not moving. Not sure what he had just done. His fur stained with both Kaden's and the girl's blood. He shook his head and dashed off with his fur shaking in the wind.

Kaden groaned as he tried to cover his cut that bubbled with blood.

"Kaden," a voice that sounded like the most beautiful voice he had ever heard. But, in reality, was a breathy, fading, desperate call. Her hand shook as she pushed her body slightly off the ground only to turn her body to face him. Then and only then did he realize that she was his mate.

His breath was stolen by her beauty. Her blond, shiny hair that flowed about mid back. Her pale skin contrasted with her rosy cheeks and blue eyes that soon shut. Slowly she put her body back on the ground in a way that she could see Kaden's face.

"Are you ok?" she asked slowly as more blood drained out of her body. Her eyes reopening for a second before closing again.

"Caleb!" Kaden yelled to the sky, knowing that she was going to die. Her cheeks paling by the minute and her chest was slowly rising and falling.

He shuffled over to the girl's body, pulling her on to his lap. He held her tightly as if it was his last. He kissed the cheek of the dying girl and brushed her hair softly. Dragging his hand threw he soft, velvety hair.

"I'm so sorry. I should have seen it long ago. How could I be so blind as to not see my own mate?" Kaden cried out.

Her eyes drooped and her breath started coming out if huffs.

"Please... Be for I die. I... I just want you to say my name. Just say, Odette, just once." She said as she lifted her hand up to his cheek. The blood that had transferred from her bite to her hand was now smudged on to his face. He grabbed her arm.

"you're not going to die Odette. Just hold on. I will get you help and when you get better I will take care of you. We can live together happily." He said as tears flow in an abundance down his face to hers. But, he tried to smile through it all.

Even the sky cried for the girl as she smiled for the last time. Her hand dropped from his cheek and fell to the ground. Her eyes shut forever as her heart slowed down.

"Oh, Goddess! this can't be happening," his voice carried through the forest loudly and clearly showing his pain. "Odette!" the agony and anguish could be felt in his voice.

Her body slowly went limp and her face paled. Blood pooled around the couple.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry," tears ran down his face and fell on to her.

A surge of adrenaline hit Kaden as he stood up. The deep gash on his leg gushing blood and the more he moved the worst it got.

"Stay with me!" His voice broke in agony. But he knew that the small girl's life was gone. Ripped away from him and never to return. Her body felt slack against his and her heart thumped for the last time. 

"Goddess! Why didn't you make me see sooner! Why do you make me suffer another loss!" His shoulders drooped and his eyes became wet with fat tears. "What has she done to deserve this?" He held her body close to his as he felt the sting in his heart. That was when he fell to the ground, careful not to drop the already dead girl.

The burning of his whole body shook with grief. The burning started in his head. Feeling first like a throbbing pain and then an all-consuming fire as it burned his body all the way to his toes.  

His body became weak but his grip on the dead girl never loosened. He held her as his head became foggy and black spots filled his vision. 

The girl had died in the arms of the one she truly loved in a loving brace. He had passed out from grief, blood loss and pain. 

-----------

Coda had rushed to Emma second he saw her. He felt complete again as she held her close to his body. He kissed her cheeks down to her neck then back up again. 

"What were you thinking? You could have been killed." He voice was loud and demanded answers as he pulled away. 

"I... I wanted to be completely yours with no past attachments. I didn't want to keep thinking about him or how much you hated me for loving him," her lip quivered as she pushed her face into his chest. 

That tugged on his heart and all his pent up anger faded away.

"As long as I have you back."

"Yeah, but at what cost?" She asked with tear filled eyes.

"let's go home," he said with one more kiss on the cheek.

This is the final chapter. Please comment if you want an epilogue. 

Please tell me of any mistakes. :)

Song: Love on the Weekend by John Mayer

Like 

Comment

Share