3. Lost

All rights reserved by Tuptake

"Coda." Emma repeat. She smiled. She clearly had no idea that they weren't supposes to be near each other. That they were enemy. She was just filled with love and happiness.

A groan came from that deer that had shifted back to human form and was still rolling in pain. Caleb put his arms around his sister and pulled her away from Coda who had shifted and was busy growling at him. Emma wined in pain as he was smashed her agents his arms and chest. He loosen a little when she groaned. Coda was trying to think of a escape plan. Emma tugged at his arms trying to get out. But he wasn't going to let he go that easy.

She got her arms loose and reached out to Coda. She looked so scared and vulnerable. That must of struck a cord or something because Coda's eyes turn black and he lunged at Caleb arm. Coda chomped down and with a pain full groan from Caleb her let go. Emma raced over to Coda ditching that blanket that Coda quickly snacked back. He nudged her to the forest letting Caleb and the buck to deal with there wounds.

Coda bounded after Emma. She stopped to catch her breath after a hour of running. As Coda come up behind make sure they were followed he dropped the blanket at Emma's feet. She sat down with her back to a tree, tired. He pulled that blanket over her body as she fell asleep.

He felt over joyed that he found her. But, feeling a little guilty for taking advantage of her memory loss. Coda watched as she wiggled until she found a comfortable spot to sleep.

Coda sniffled the air. He could smell clothes. Freshly cleaned. With the scent of tide the clothing detergent. He took one last look at his mate before running off to retrieve them. He moved as quickly at he could so he could get back to his sleeping mate. He didn't want anyone to find her or to take her away from him. They were still on deer shifter land.

He came across a small house that had clean clothes hanging on the air hanger. The house was made out of old stone and had a wooden roof. Judging by the clothes there was a young couple that lived there. He hopped up and snatched a dress, a white shirt and some black cargo pants in his teeth. Then race back to find Emma still a sleep. Coda walked around a tree and shifted back then put on the clothes he retrieved for him self on.

Then he sat down beside his mate. When he did her head fell to his shoulder and tingles and butterflies filled his body. Do something! Kiss her! Hug her! I don't care! We found out mate! Coda's wolf squealed.

He ran his hands through his black hair trying to calm his nerves. "Coda?" Emma wine in her sleep. He crested her face with his hand and gently brushed her hair back with his fingers. After ten minutes Coda fell asleep.

-----------(later)---------

Emma jolted up. It was pitch black out but she's had enough sleep. She felt a warm body next to her and held on to it until her eye adjusted to the darkness. She looked at the body. Flung back. Fear and worry filled her body. She had no idea who that was. Her hand grazed over a dress. She walk behind a tree and put it on. It was a simple black dress. But it fit good.

She returned to look at the handsome boy that she was cuddling with. First she touched he's black hair. It was soft and brought tingles though out her body. Then she poked him in the face. She felt vary attracted to this boy and she wasn't sure who he was of how she got here.

When she when it for another poke he grabbed her hand and tugged her down to the ground with him. He wrapped his arms around her and she couldn't shake loose. His touch filled her body to the brim with all sorts of feeling. And her body felt hot and her face turn red.

She tugged one of her arms out of his grasp and moved his hair out of his face. She move her mouth close to his ear. "Coda?" She whispered her memories slowly coming back to her as his bright yellow eyes shot open. She could feel the goosebumps that her voice gave him. He realized what he was doing and let Emma go. His face turn red and he tried to cover it up with his hair.   

She moved closer to him. "Coda?" His face shot up. "Yes." Her face lit up. "O thank goodness." She said wrapping her arms around his chest. Thankful that her returning memories where right. She rested her face in the crook of his neck. That muffled her gentle sobs. Coda put his one of his arms around her waist and the other on the back of her head. He could feel her soft reddish brown hair that was filled with dirt and pine needles.

"What's wrong?" Coda asked as he pulled away from her. Tears rolled down her cheeks and Coda scooped them up with his finger. "I was so scared! I don't remember anything!" She sniff. He looked at her. Coda was worried if he told her everything he knew she might rejected him. But seeing her like this killed him.

He grabbed her hand and squeeze it. "Your name is Emma." He took a deep breaths and looked in to her eyes. They where filled with fear and worry. "Your a deer shifter. I'm Coda." He felt he need to restate his name. "I'm a wolf shifter. We, by nature are enemies." She looked at him surprised. She took her hand out of his. And scooted back. "Are you going to hurt me?" She asked. And with that he winced in pain. "No." She reached out and grabbed his empty hand. "Um Coda there..... There something behind you." She screamed.