2. The Love that Followed

All rights reserved by Tuptake

He saw her drain and distressed deer-like body lying in a heap on the ground. She was breathing hard and the fear that was coming off of her was immense. Her eyes shut tho, she was aware of everything going to around her. He was filled with sadness and regret. As he circled her as if she was his pray. His hair still wet from when he jumped in the lake but, drying quick. His eyes glowed yellow as he intently stared at the deer.

She whimpered in fear and her whole body was shaking. It hurt him to see that they weren't that same mammal. In fact they were opposite. It hurt him the most, that she was scared of him. That she cowered in his presence.

He pulled his tail in between his legs and bowed his head in sadness. He slowly inched closer to her, breathing in her breath-taking scent. Her body went limp and relax as she turned into a small human. She had soft short reddish-brown hair and tan soft skin. She was face down in the dirt. He put his ears back and growled in frustration.

She fainted! Really! Am I that scary to her? The sound of hooves made him aware of how close the deer shifters really were to the pair. He quickly hid behind a tree and rolled in some pine needles to mask his scent before they approached his fainted mate. Rage rushed through him knowing he couldn't do anything to help. If he killed them she would surely find out and that would destroy any relationship they where ever going to have.

Two figures appeared from out behind the trees. One deer form and the other human

"Emma?" The human shifter said as he jogged up to her. He turned her over and shook her a little before checking her heartbeat by, placing his head on her chest. He breathed out a sigh of relief.

"She's ok." He said to the deer behind him. He slung her over his shoulder, placed her on the deer shifter's back and put out a blanket out of a satchel that was fastened to the deer. He wrapped it over her naked body. That angered Coda as he watched from the sidelines. His heart slowly breaking every time he looked over at her limp body. The thought of another touching his mate made him want to snap their neck with his powerful jaw. He growled and alerted the man of his presence.

"You go ahead I'm going to find the wolf that dare lay a finger on my sister." The deer gave the man a slight nodded and ran off, leaving the man behind. He had a strong build and could probably could kill the wolf easily. But, the wolf did want to fight, all he wanted was her.

He darted out from behind the trees to his mate as fast as he could. In the end all he could think that love is love and no one was going to take her away from him. He ran and caught up to the buck that took her away from him and lunged at his leg. He clamped down and the taste of blood filled his mouth as he held onto the deer's leg until he fell.

His mate fell off the bucks back and the wolf raced to catch her. But something grabbed his leg. It was her brother. He flung the rest of his human body on top of the wolf making him wheeze. The man wrapped his hand around the wolfs muzzle, and just let Emma fall to the ground with a thud. Luckily the blanket stayed on her body as she fell. A whine escaped her mouth.

Both boys looked up as she laid on the ground. Her whole body jerked awake. She had hit her head on a root that was surely going to bruise. She looked around like she didn't know where she was. Everyone all froze excepted the deer, he was crying in pain after the wolf took a chunk out of his leg.

Her eyes continue to wander from the crying buck to the sky to her brother and continue. Until her eyes landed on wolf she smiled. That made sparks fly through his body.

"Emma, you aren't smiling at this mutt are you? You already have a mate." And that's what set the wolf off with a jolted. He tried hard the get out the choke hold he was in.

He looked at Emma she had fear in her eyes and as she watched him try to wrestle free of her brother grasp. Seeing her fear made his stomach churn and he stopped. She had the blanket wrapped around her whole body and was holding it up so no one could see her breasts. When he stopped she looked at her brother with a confused look.

"Wh...who are you?" She asked.

"Who am I?" He said losing his grip. "I'm your brother! Caleb! You truly don't remember?" She shook her head in indicating that she had no idea. Caleb groaned. She pointed at the defeated wolf.

"Who is he?" She said in almost a childlike voice.

"Our enemy! He tried to kill you!" Caleb responded angrily and that made her cower in fear. The wolf growled and he re-tightened his grip.

"Can you let go of him?" She asked in a soft voice.

"No!" He snapped back and she flinched back.

She stood up but when she did she tipped back causing Caleb to rush to her aid and letting go of the wolf. Emma fell into his arm. Her body was the size of his arm muscles. Caleb set her back it to her sitting position again. She looked at the wolf.

"What is your name?" She said smiling. She was a clever one. The wolf stood up, slowly shifting back. His black hair reflecting the sun. His skin was pale with some redness on his nose and cheeks.

"Coda."

How do you like it? I hope you are in joying. This one will be the size of most of the other chapters so there a little longer then the last one.
What do you think will happen?