17. The Cold and Cuddles

All rights reserved by TupTake

A friend just showed me this song and I fell in love with it. Hope you like it ;)

Coda dashed out of the bushes, laughing with Zack hot on his tail. With a big splash, both boys cannonballed into the pond water. Making the water overflow and hit Emma and Sandra with drops of the cold liquid.

The two boys chuckled and splashed around in the pond as the girls did before. Both trying to laughing the stress of the day away. Their shirts were pulled off that thrown in the direction of the group.

The girls squealed as the drips of water that came of the shirts hit their skin. The pair gobbled up their food that Zane had nicely prepared beforehand and tossed their towels away as they jumped in as well.

Emma had a bright smile on her face. One that has not been genuine for a very long time. After her brother's mate died she hadn't been happy, well not truly happy. Her brother's mates name was Maddy. She was the kinda girl you would see talking to everyone, always smiling about something and was everyone's friend.

Like Emma and Caleb, she had also not known her parents for very long. They didn't want her and left her on the doorstep of the valley herd's alpha. He, at the time, had three kids of his own and could not take any more kid and the orphanage was full. So an elderly couple took her in.

Maddy had told Emma stories of the couple and what they did to be such good parents to her. She said she became the way she was because of them and that they were the only family that and she would not trade them for the world. Sadly Maddy 'mother' passed when she was twelve and ever since then she 'father' was in the worst health. That often happens with people whos mates die.

After a year her 'father' passed away. Causing her to be relocated to the herd Caleb was in.

They instantly fell in love with each other. Never leaving the other alone. They planned to have a child together and get married after she graduated from college. Caleb was happy for a good four years before she died in a rogue wolf attack and their child was never born.

Caleb was never the same.

As they walked back Emma and Coda walk side by side. Both content with themselves and the day they had. Emma shivering slightly from the mix of the cold air and their wet bodies. The sweater she took off before getting in the water, did nothing to help.

After the girls when in, Zane dove in as well and they spent the rest of the day until sunset swimming and playing around.

For the first half of the day Coda when for a run trying to prosses what Caleb said. Trying to figure out what happened between Emma and the alpha.

Was he planning on marrying her? Or was this all a cruel joke?

Whatever it was Coda did not like it.

Anger flowed through him as he slowly slipped his hand into Emma's. Trying to calm himself.

As Emma looked it to his eyes she could tell he was thinking hard about something.

"Emma, I know you don't really know me and everything that has happened, has happened so fast for you but would you like to stay in my tent tonight?" he asked scratching the back of he neck. Emma was surprised by his request. The past two nights she didn't really get a say in where she sleeps but now she does.