Ch.8

"What's going on Reno?" Renegade asked me as I slid into my side of the bed. She must've sensed me leave earlier.

"I just spoke with my sister and some of her pack members. I'll tell you the rest tomorrow morning when we visit their pack grounds. Just go to sleep Rene." I said kissing her forehead; she felt so warm.

Might as well get some rest as well. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

_____________________________

"So where are we going this early?" Rene said looking at her beautiful self in the body mirror.

I rolled my eyes annoyed since she asked the same question at least 4 times this past hour. "My sister's pack; bout' a 15 minute run or 40 minute drive."

"Why are we going there?"

I really don't want to tell her that it's because David is trying to mate her and my sister is trying to make her join her pack.

"Just to uh, meet her and her pack members." I answered.

"Ready?" she asked walking out the bathroom with a simple outfit on.

I nodded and we went downstairs with others following behind.

"I want you 3 to drive behind us, you 5 to run to the pack and make sure the grounds are safe, and you other 2 to stay here." I ordered my few pack members. We all broke and I took my Lamborghini Veneno instead of the Aventador.

"Can I say something?" she asked. I kept my eyes on the road and nodded to her. "Is it wrong that I miss both my parents even though I truly love one the most?"

"I don't understand." I answered.

I wish I had contact with my mom, she's probably in a different pack in a different part of the world. Left my sibling, father, and I once I was born. I guess she thought she did her job.

"I mean that I love my mom a whole lot more than my father; it's just because she's there for me. My dad looks down on me and so does my brother Navine. Sky is the only one I talk to about how I feel."

"Maybe it's best not to have that much contact with them for awhile."

"Well I have to," she chuckled. "-because, my birthday is tomorrow and I planned on spending time with my family and friends."

I mean; she just doesn't know what all happens on her 18th birthday. She might only know that-that is the day she mates with someone. We finally got to their pack grounds after another 10 minutes. It looked very open but dirty. Trees were marked and scratched up; they're not hiding themselves. I went on Rene's side to open her door and help her out. 

"Ready?" I asked her.

"I guess."

We started walking towards their unguarded entrance whilst my pack trailed behind. I pulled her by my hip to show that she was mine and mine only. She looked up at me, I couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Welcome to our grounds, please enter." my sister said, opening the door and making us step in. The home was trashy and reaked of dark scent. I noticed Rene walk off a few steps with my sister; her hand was around her side.

It's a trick.

My sister used to do that to me and cut through my skin when we were kids, it was a game. I felt Rene flinch and I also felt the same pain. I growled hard and my sister turned and smirked at me. After that, Renegade and I were side by side for the next 30 minutes walking the pack grounds. I still don't want to make the decision of losing her. We went to the car and drove back.

"Can you get me some water, I'm feeling a bit lightheaded." she said as we entered the living quarters.

I got a bottle from the fridge and gave it to her. I watched as she downed half of it before dropping it to the ground.

"What's wrong?!" I rushed to the other side of the kitchen to her. She raised the side of her shirt up and she had 4 claws on the side of her stomach. It was lightly bleeding but deep as hell.

I hope that Kira didn't poison or scar her or so help me...

I went to the bathroom to get some first aid items and came out to her. I kissed her wounds, then wrapped them and put some antibiotics on it as well, then carried her back upstairs. We weren't even halfway through the day and she is hurt and tired. I've caused all this to happen to her. Of course I want her safe but I can't risk anything else to go wrong.

"I-I'm really cold." she said starting to shiver. It felt regular in here but she probably was just in shock from the wound.

I layed her under the cover and put an extra blanket on top of that. It angers me so much to see her in pain; if Kira wasn't my sister, I would've killed her long ago.

What's stopping you now Reno? She tried to hurt Renegade, you just gonna let her do that and get away?

No. I'm not gonna let her get that opportunity. Tomorrow, I will kill Kira; no ifs, ands, or buts.

"I'm going downstairs Renegade." I said to a lifeless Rene. No respond.

"Rene?"

Her eyes were closed and her face looked frozen. I checked her pulse and shook her body. No pulse. No action.

She was dead?!

____________________________