0. prologue

"You're not safe here. You need to run."

I could tell that those words put her on edge. They turned her blood to ice and made her head start to spin. Thoughts of that day came back to her like a wave crashing over her, her heart starting to pound rapidly in her chest. It was all visible by the expression on her now pale face.

"Run, Brooklyn," I whispered, a gun shot cutting through the soft silence that had fallen over us.

"I said run!"

But the fact of the matter was not that she didn't want to run. No, that wasn't it at all. It was that she couldn't. She was frozen in her place, just like that day she had described to me. No one could possibly get her to run this time. She would not allow me to leave her life.

"Brooklyn!" I screamed, my voice full of fear, as her arm was grabbed forcefully and a gun was pressed against my temple.

She tried to scream, but no sound fell from her lips. It was as if they were frozen along with her body.

Only one thing fell from her lips in that moment. She hoarsely whispered the name of the boy she had deemed her hero, hoping he would save her again.

"Harry."

I watched as her once bright eyes faded to a dull grey, and all I could do was watch in silence as she was dragged away from me.

And I'd regret it until the day I died.

Copyright © 2014-15 harrystmh

All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or in any means - by electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise - without prior written permission.

*This story will contain swearing and mature content. If you're not comfortable with those, I do not recommend reading. Mature content will be forewarned.

*Please don't be a ghost reader! Vote, comment, follow me, etc!

*I wrote this as my first book and I'm aware that it's absolutely horrible. I had no idea where I wanted to go with it so I just came up with a new idea every chapter which did not work out very well. So please, don't criticize me too harshly.