xxix. irresistibly

(QUICK A/N: I CHANGED MY USERNAME BUT ITS STILL ME I WAS BRXTISH HIII OK ENJOY)

HARRY'S POV

All I could think to do after Brooklyn told me the story about her past was take her back to the hotel and hold her close and make her feel okay. So, that's what I did.

The two of us laid in my bed, our bodies tangled in each other's, her face buried in my chest and my fingers drawing random doodles on her back. I kissed the top of her head and sighed, wishing I could somehow take away her pain or even trade places with her so it was me who was suffering what she was in this moment.

"Harry, I'm scared," Brooklyn whispered, sniffling quietly and wrapping her arms around me tighter. "I-I'm really, really scared."

"Shh..," I hushed her, stroking her hair and tilting her head up to look at me. "I'm here. I've got you. And nothing is going to happen to you."

I wiped the tears rolling down her cheeks and kissed her gently, stroking her cheek with my thumb as I did so.

And that's how we spent the rest of the night- wrapped in each others arms, our bodies tangled together as close as they could possibly be. I may have failed at protecting her thus far, but I had it set in my mind to commit fully to doing just that from here on out. Brooklyn was far too important to me to lose, and seeing her so hurt only made me feel shittier than I already did for not keeping her safe.

Up until now, I didn't know what it felt like to care for someone, and to be cared about back. No one I'd known in all of my 23 years of living had ever cared about me as much as Brooklyn, and I knew that because Brooklyn sacrificed her life for me, something I could honestly say I would do for her as well. Though I hated the emotional scarring this was going to leave on the fragile girl in my arms, it made my heart swell to know that she went through this for me. She was beat, used, pushed around, and broken all for me.

"Hey, Brooklyn," I whispered, making her look up at me as she chewed on her lower lip. I kissed her forehead (irresistibly, if I may add) and rubbed her hip gently. "Wanna hear about my family?"

The word family was probably misused- my parents were not my family, they were simply the people who made and gave birth to me. And my sister was rarely around anyway, certainly not enough for me to consider her family. Even though the thought of this conversation nearly made me cringe, it had Brooklyn's curiousity turned on in a second before she began nodding her head rapidly.

I nodded and took a deep breath, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear and sighing. "Alright..."

She smiled and pressed her lips gently against mine, holding them there for a quick second before pulling away. "Take your time."

I gave her a small, grateful smile, taking her hand in mine, the both of us stroking the other's hand with our thumbs. "So, um...where do I even begin?"

I chuckled softly to myself before letting out a soft sigh. "Well, I grew up in the UK, which you could've assumed anyway. (A/N: Quick side note, Harry lived in the UK a lot longer than Brooklyn so Harry still has an accent, Brooklyn does not.) My parents...weren't the best parents. They were quite wealthy actually, but it seemed to always get to my dad's head and my mum wasn't far behind him."

BROOKLYN'S POV

All I could think about as Harry spoke was the fact that this past he was speaking of was also H's past. My H. This explanation would probably answer a lot of the questions I never really found out about.

"My dad...he was constantly buying himself and my mother new things. He put my sister through college and I didn't want to go to college. Not that he would've paid anyway, he only really saw me as a burden," Harry explained and shrugged. "My parents didn't really let me have friends. Even from a young age. I had some, of course, what little boy could survive without friends? But they never came over to my house, they never met my parents and my parents never met them. It was just...easier that way. That way, I could have my fun and my dad would have less of an excuse to...to, um..."

I furrowed my eyebrows and squeezed Harry's hand gently as he squeezed his eyes shut and exhaled gently.

"Less of an excuse to hit me," he finished, making me stifle a gasp. "And I never saw my sister. She never visited. She knew it was easier to stay away from home if she could but she never tried to contact me and see if I was alright, or alive, even."

Harry shrugged and looked down, swallowing hard before continuing, "My parents also thought I was a disgrace. They didn't even use my full name by the time I was four. They just called me...ah, I can't remember what they called me. I stopped calling myself that when I turned ten and I realized that wasn't my real name."

H, I thought to myself, nodding slowly in realization before hugging Harry's waist tightly, making him smile a bit.

"Anyway, there isn't much else to tell. That's all. I left when I was 19 and that's when I got myself involved with Kayden and stuff. I don't really consider them my family anymore. I left and that was that. Never heard from them again," Harry mumbled and pressed his forehead against mine. I bumped my nose against his and smiled a bit, Harry doing the same before whispering something so softly that I was surprised I even caught it.

"Please don't leave me," he whispered quietly, stroking my cheek with his thumb. We were so close in proximity that his lips were brushing against mine, and I could feel his hot breath on them.

I closed the small space between our lips and kissed him softly for what felt like a few minutes before pulling away to breath, whispering a breathless, "I would never."

WOW HELLO. THIS WAS KIND OF A FILLER BUT IT WAS CUTE SO YOU GUYS SHOULD FORGIVE ME.

I LOVE YOU ALL I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU LIKE ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. UGH.

mysavinggrace__ is the only one who answered the last question so dedication goes to her! This week's question isssss........

What's your favorite subject in school? And, comment what you think mine is! Right one gets a dedication and follow. :*

THANKS SO MUCH BABIES FOR EVERYTHING ILYSM

-Adrianna :)