xxxi. bad

[HARRY'S POV]

I watched as an unidentifiable person pulled Brooklyn away, tears rolling down my cheeks as well as hers.

I heard a chuckle from beside me, the cool metal being pushed further into my temple.

"You're being smart for a change and not going after her," I knew it was Kayden instantly, and I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. "It's a good change."

"Do whatever the f-ck you want to me...but don't you dare hurt her. Let her go," I grumbled, earning a laugh.

"She's run away how many times now? You really think I'm just gonna let her off the hook?" Kayden asked and raised an eyebrow.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "You have no reason to want her except for to get to me. I'm letting you do whatever you want with me. Just leave her alone."

"And pass up that gorgeous little body?" Kayden mocked me, snickering. "I don't think so."

I swallowed thickly and looked down at my feet, shaking my head. "She deserves better than you. She deserves to be happy, not suffering because of you. You're sick Kayden. Absolutely sick."

Kayden shrugged. "I have a gun pressed against your head. Insulting me isn't going to benefit in your favor."

I remained silent after that, watching as his whole crew went in the direction Brooklyn had been taken. I let more tears slip from my eyes as Kayden smirked. "And now, we're finally alone. Isn't this fun?"

I kept my mouth shut, silently willing that someone would come in and save me right about now. However, I knew I wasn't that lucky and that would never happen. I was lucky enough to find Brooklyn and be able to call her mine for a few weeks. I was lucky enough to be able to kiss and hug her and sleep next to her. I was not lucky enough to have my life spared at this moment.

I accepted then that it was the end, and that my time on Earth was coming to an end. Kayden was ruthless and had no reason to not kill me right now. He was a sadistic, psychotic human being, but knowing that wasn't going to save me right now. If I could have one wish right now, it would just be to be able to say goodbye to Brooklyn. To kiss her one last time and apologize for not being able to save her. I would have done anything to keep her out of this situation, but my best just wasn't good enough this time.

I hope she knows how much I care for her, and how much she means to me. I hope she knows that this isn't her fault, that it's mine, and that I have faith that she's going to make it through this. I wish I could just live a happy life with her; live in a home, have a family, all of the things normal couples do.

But good things don't happen to bad people.

I was a bad person. I was certainly not good enough for Brooklyn, and I was no better than Kayden at a point in my life. Brooklyn should have never gotten involved with me, and I shouldn't have let her. She deserves to be living her life happily with someone who really loves her, like I love her.

"Just do it," I finally whispered, closing my eyes. "Do it already. If you're going to keep me apart from her, I don't want to be here anyway. What else do I have to live for?"

[BROOKLYN'S POV]

I was sitting in a chair, my hands tied behind my back and my ankles tied together. They would have tapped my mouth over as well, but I promised not to speak, a promise I had keep thus far.

I closed my eyes, trying to fight the tears threatening to fall from them. The last sight I had seen was Kayden holding a gun to Harry's head, and it would be an image permanently engraved into my mind for the rest of my life. I didn't realize how much I loved him until the moment I realized he was going to be taken away from me. In our situation, there was always the lingering fear in the back of my head that he could suddenly be taken away from me in the blink of an eye, but to see it actually happening, it almost seemed surreal.

This has to be a nightmare, I thought to myself, willing myself to wake up and see a sleeping Harry beside me.

Nothing of the sort happened.

I let myself cry in silence, and none of Kayden's crew interrupted me. For once, it seemed as if they had feelings, and were more than just Kayden's minions.

I began to think about every little moment I had with Harry, even the smallest, most insignificant of them seemed so important now. Like the time we had gone to get pizza and he had gotten pizza sauce on his cheek, resulting in me wiping it off and leaving a kiss in its place. Or the way he had laced our fingers together the first time we held hands. The thoughts only made me cry more, until they were suddlenly interrupted.

It was like my mind had gone into a daze when it happened- when I heard the gunshot go off. I wasn't able to scream, I wasn't able to sob, I wasn't able to think. All I could do was stare blankly at the wall in front of me. Images of Harry falling to the ground filled my mind, and I soon found myself feeling lightheaded and dizzy.

I regret not cherishing my time with Harry more. I regret not telling him I love him one more time. I regret not being strong enough. I regret everything except for falling in love with the beautiful boy with the green eyes.

(ITS NOT OVER WE HAVE THE EPILOGUE DONT KILL ME YET PLEASE

MAN JUST THE EPILOGUE AND ITS OVER. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED ME THROUGH THIS!!!! ILY ALL!!!!! XO -ADRIANNA

PS: i have an idea for my next fic but i have two versions of it and idk which one i like more hmm but it will probably be called ashamed and it will be very informal writing style but yeah:)) woohoo)