ix. three days

I carried on that week doing exactly what Harry had told me to do. I continued business as usual and didn't get anyone's way - I even kissed up to Kayden a little bit to show him that I was truly sorry for talking back to him that day.

All was going well, and I could certainly tell Kayden was buying it.

"Stepping up your game Reese, eh? I like it," Kayden said and winked at me, making me cringe slightly, but force a smile on my face.

"Thank you, Kayden," I replied with a polite smile, nodding at my boss.

"And I haven't seen you hanging around Styles," Kayden added with a smirk. "Well done."

"Wouldn't want to disobey your orders, sir," the words fell from my lips as if I was reading a script, using everything Harry had advised me to say.

Finally, after several days of hard work and tolerating Kayden to the fullest of my extent, I had earned enough money to get me by if Harry's plan failed to be successful. It was now time to begin the real part of the plan. Harry had come up with a precise list of their goals, and I was about to put a check mark next to the first one.

Step One: Get what we need.

"Kayden?" I asked innocently, tapping on his shoulder and smiling. "May I speak to you for a moment?"

The two walked off a bit from the group and Kayden gave me a nod, signaling me to continue speaking.

"Well, you see, there's a man I met at a bar last week," I recited the words Harry and I had thought up together, sneaking around where Kayden wouldn't know. "He told me he was moving out of state in a couple weeks and he wouldn't be able to get any ecstasy or cocaine for a couple of years. I told him about you and said I could try and help him out. Sell him a couple thousand pounds to get him by for a year or so, at least. Willing to pay as much as necessary. You interested?"

Kayden's face lit up at the thought of all he could make from such a sale. "Oh, most definitely. And what's this bloke's name?" He asked as he blew out a puff of smoke from between his lips.

"Casper DeWolfe." The name slipped past my lips naturally due to the fact that Harry and I had rehearsed this in any way it could possibly go.

"Mhmm..," Kayden hummed and ran a hand through his dark hair. "I can get you some stock for him in...say three days? When does he leave town?"

"Three days is plenty. He leaves in a week."

"Perfect. Three days it is. Very good job, Brooklyn," Kayden praised, smiling at me.

I nodded and spun on my heels, a smirk on my lips. "Perfect, indeed," I whispered to myself and walked out of the alleyway, back to my motel. I pulled my phone out and texted Harry.

To: Harry

Three days and we're good to go.

From: Harry

Great. Good job.

To Harry:

Shouldn't we leave the country once we get them? Won't he find us?

From: Harry

We're going to take a train to Madrid. 16 hour ride.

To: Harry

What fun..thanks for letting me know, Harry.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, shaking my head. It wasn't that I minded going to Madrid, I had read it was actually quite a beautiful city, but prior knowledge of the move I'd be making to another country with a boy I'd just met would have been nice.

I stepped into the warmth of my new motel room, having received a nicer one on a higher floor with the extra money I had saved up. This one came paired with a screen door that led to a small balcony overlooking the park across the street from the motel. I grabbed the phone on the nightstand beside my bed and called in for room service, ordering myself a burger and fries before slipping on my black 'je t'aime' sweater.

Among the past few days, I had wisely distributed my money amongst various necessities such as food, clothing, and other essentials in order to take care of my hygiene. The new motel room has simply been a little pat on the back for all my hard work.

My food came a few moments later, the employee handing me a tray with a plate and some utensils. I thanked the middle-aged man and took the tray, closing the door and leaning against the pillows on my bed with it on my lap. I scarfed down the food hungrily and set the tray aside, pulling the blanket over myself and laying my head on the cream colored pillow. I flickered on the small television in the room and turned it down to create just background noise in the room.

I slowly began to drift asleep with my thoughts swarming in my mind of what would happen for the next few days. I knew there was no possible way I could prepare myself for what was to come, but I also knew I had no choice. The plan was already in action, and there was no backing down now.

With the faint noise of the television still playing in the background and the quiet pitter-patter of rain drops beginning to hit the window, I slipped into a dreamless sleep.

• • • •

HARRY'S POV

I sat on the couch in his dimly lit apartment, rereading Brooklyn's text over again with a smirk on my lips.

Three days and we're good to go.

Three days.

Three days until I could finally bring down Kayden for good, and not just bring him down, but also overpower him. The thought thrilled me, making my adrenaline heighten to levels it had never reached before.

And I loved it.

-------------------------------

*Sorry this is so late. I'm still incredibly sick and things are a bit...weird right now so that's why this chapter is so short. Please don't get angry if I don't update for long time periods for a couple of weeks. I'm going through some stuff in addition to being sick. I apologize.

*Vote/comment/share, as usual. Can we up the comments and votes, please? Seems I have some ghost readers...hmm.

*Love you all lots! Follow my instagram? vintagecheshire. x

-Adrianna