xxx. girlfriend

[BROOKLYN'S POV]

Weeks had passed and we hadn't heard a single word from Kayden. It was like he had fallen off the face of the Earth, not that we'd have minded. Harry and I had been extremely happy having nothing to worry about, and we had been extremely happy just being with each other as well.

In those few weeks, we had even went on several dates and Harry had finally asked me to be his girlfriend. I had happily accepted and since then, everything has been pretty perfect.

Harry had decided the two of us deserved a night out for once, a night to have some fun and just forget about everthing completely. Because, although neither of us would ever admit it, we both had a lingering fear of Kayden's return sitting in the back of our heads.

We were on our way to a bar, Harry's hand locked with mind across the middle console of his car and the radio at merely a low hum filling the silence.

When we arrived, he led me inside and over to the bar where the two of us sat down and ordered our drinks. I leaned against Harry as we waited for them to be brought over, his arm slung across my waist and mine wrapped around his torso.

"Let's go dance," Harry whispered after a few drinks were in his system. He was slightly tipsy, but I was as well. I nodded and followed him to the dance floor with a drink in my hand. He pulled me close by my hips and started gently moving to the beat of the music, my hips swaying side to side to it as well.

I giggled as Harry spun me around playfully and pulled me against his body after, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine in a quick kiss. I smiled against his lips and kissed him back slowly, the taste of mint and alcohol lingering on his tongue.

He pulled away almost hesitantly and smiled. "I'm gonna get another drink. Be right back?"

I nodded and continued dancing on my own before a guy who looked around Harry's age approached me and started to dance alone with me. He didn't seem to have bad intentions, so I continued to dance along with him as well, laughing and sipping my drink.

What happened next is a blur.

First, I saw Harry beginning to make his way through the crowd with the drinks in his hands, and then I felt a hand over my mouth. I felt my body being dragged through the crowd and I saw Harry drop the drinks and begin to his manuveor his way through the crowd in the direction I was going. Then I saw black- a blindfold was tied around my eyes, I could make out that much.

I don't know where I was brought to, but the blindfold was soon ripped off my eyes and I was alone in an alley. I looked around frantically before I saw Harry run in, pulling me into a hug.

"W-what's going on?" I whispered, tearing running down my cheeks already.

"They set us up to both come here," Harry whispered and cupped my cheeks. "They're gonna try and shoot, Brooke. We can't both get out. It's not going to work."

I shook my head and sniffled. "No...what are you saying?"

"You're gonna go," he whispered, and I was already shaking my head rapidly. "You have to."

I whimpered and kept shaking my head before I heard what sounded like a door creaking open. Harry took a few steps back and both of us looked around desperately before Harry looked back at me before he spoke.

"You're not safe here. You need to run."

[HARRY'S POV]

I could tell that those words put her on edge. They turned her blood to ice and made her head start to spin. Thoughts of that day came back to her like a wave crashing over her, her heart starting to pound rapidly in her chest. It was all visible by the expression on her now pale face.

"Run, Brooklyn," I whispered, a gun shot cutting through the soft silence that had fallen over us.

"I said run!"

But the fact of the matter was not that she didn't want to run. No, that wasn't it at all. It was that she couldn't. She was frozen in her place, just like that day she had described to me. No one could possibly get her to run this time. She would not allow me to leave her life.

"Brooklyn!" I screamed, my voice full of fear, as her arm was grabbed forcefully and a gun was placed against my temple.

She tried to scream, but no sound fell from her lips. It was as if they were frozen along with her body.

Only one thing fell from her lips in that moment. She hoarsely whispered the name of the boy she had deemed her hero, hoping he would save her again.

"Harry."

I watched as her once bright eyes faded to a dull grey, and all I could do was watch in silence as she was dragged away from me.

And I'd regret it until the day I died.

(HEY THAT'S THE PROLOGUE.

LMAO THIS STORY IS GONNA BE OVER SOON WHICH IS GOOD BC I HAVE IDEAS FOR NEW ONES YAY

VOTE COMMENT AND SHIT IDK LMAO BYEEE XOXO -ADRIANNA)