xxvi. promise

Warning: this chapter contains the mention of sexual abuse. I will let you know when it is going to begin and you can skip over it if you'd like. Please do not read if it is a triggering subject for you.

---

HARRY'S POV

It had been three days since I had seen Brooklyn in the bar, and I honestly felt like not seeing her at all would have been easier than this burning desire I now had to somehow see her again.

I hadn't returned to the bar at all, spending the days in the hotel room and planning how I could get her back from Kayden. So many ideas ran through my mind, but I had yet to find one that would go smoothly with no flaws or risks.

I just hoped Brooklyn was alright, and Kayden wasn't hurting her too badly. The thought of him making her cry her eyes out in pain always motivated me to get a move on with planning her rescue.

I laid in bed and imagined Brooklyn laying beside my arms wrapped around her small body and coaxing her to sleep as I pressed my lips softly to the top of her head and whispered a faint 'goodnight'. Every thought of Brooklyn only made my need for her even stronger. I don't know why I tried anymore, sleeping was something I gave up on awhile ago unless there was alcohol in my system.

I desperately searched my mind for ideas every single night. This went on for days until another week passed. Finally, after seven dreadful days, I came up with something.

BROOKLYN'S POV

It had been a week, I assumed, since I had seen Harry and it had only made the nights of crying myself to sleep a thousand times worse. Sobs would now rack my body as I laid curled up in a ball, hugging a pillow to my chest and burying my face in it in attempt to keep myself quiet.

Kayden had eased up on me only slightly, seeing that I was slowly beginning to give into him. It was night time now, and he had called my name to come out and eat dinner a few minutes ago. I hadn't responded, but I had heard him, and I took a few minutes to drag myself out of bed where I was sitting and hugging my knees to my chest as I thought about my beautiful, curly haired, green eyed Harry.

(A/N: Stop reading now if you will be triggered.)

I hadn't realized I must've been taking awhile to come out of the room, because Kayden stormed in and grabbed my wrist, slamming me against the wall. I had gotten used to this by now, and I could smell the alcohol lingering in his breath, signaling that this would be one of his rougher times.

"Why the fuck didn't you answer me?" He slurred, sliding a hand down and harshly gripping my hip.

"I-" I mumbled, swallowing hard, "I- um..."

"Spit it out!" Kayden's voice boomed as he shoved me back harder, making me wince in pain as the bruises already there that were healing were sure to go back to how they were.

He didn't give me any chances to speak before he harshly punched me in the stomach, making me groan loadly and squeeze my eyes shut to keep the tears from rolling down my cheeks.

"Stupid fucking slut," Kayden spat, looking at me like I was nothing but a piece of trash in his way. "You know, I could've made you feel so much better than Harry did."

I whimpered as his hand moved from where he had rested it on my cheek to down my chest where he made sure to stop for a moment and spend an extra moment on my breasts. I squeezed my eyes shut tighter as his hand slid down my stomach and rested just above where the waistband of my sweats was. He had never been this sexual with me, only giving me the occasional ass grab or slap now and then. He must have been extremely intoxicated that night, because his actions were unlike any other night.